61 | raw truth (part 1)

Miliani's POV

"Think about what I said" she tapped my hands two times before going out of my room, it was difficult for her to open the door but Lucas came back and helped her out. He looked at me, contemplating something before decided to come inside.

"How are you?" He asked and I couldn't help but feel a little warm. I nodded my head as if telling him that I'm fine, not finding words to convey my thoughts, not after the shocking realisation Grace left me with.

"I..I just want to say that I-I'm sorry" he hung his head low. His 6'4 tallness couldn't hide the hunch of his shoulders. I wanted to tell him that it's okay, that he was just helping his friends but I couldn't bring myself to say anything of it. Even though Lucas did all of it to help Caim but he still hurt me, Karl and Ailee in the process. And it will take time to warm up to the idea of his participation in the Mafia.

"I can't forgive you Lucas, not yet. I need time. You kept a really big thing from me and I just need time to wrap my head around it" I told him the truth. Lucas has really been a good friend and I don't want to lose him.

He nodded, "I understand but none of what we kept from you was because we didn't wanted to tell you. It's just the situation and we didn't have any choice, none of us have when it comes to the lifestyle we live in. It's always choosing what's best for the others and not for you" he told me, and I know the 'we' he's referring to is Caim. He's telling me that what he did was what people expected from him.

I just smiled at him, a weak attempt to smile. He understood and left the room with Grace, she twisted her neck before Lifting her fingers to lips and kissing it before pointing her hand towards me, I smiled but as soon as the door shut behind them, the smile vanished and I was left alone with all of the thoughts.

Grace has opened the door of a whole new vault of questions and only one person can answer them. I picked my phone up and dialed the number I remember by heart, the phone ring for a few seconds before he pick up.

"Love?" I take a deep breath before answering back.

"I want you inside my room in ten minutes Caim" and them I hung up before he could answer, counting the minutes in the watch hanging on the wall infront of me. The tic tock of it was telling me how every second passing was getting me more anxious. I just woke up and received words that changed my views on many things and maybe getting answers from Caim would somehow relieve the turmoil I've been feeling.

he always does, whether its because of him or something else.

i was surprised when the door to my room opened in exactly seven minutes. he was huffing, like he ran all the way here. my eyes fell on his clothes and noticed the same black shirt i saw in my dream last night. he was here, with me, serenading me with his warmth. I was sure it was a dream when I saw the mop of brown hair on his head, tossed carelessly.

"Are you okay?" I kept looking at him, remembering words that Grace told me. they affected me, deep down I know some part of me got affected from everything she said, her words kept playing in my head like a song on repeat.

"Mili? Are you okay? please tell me" he seemed breathless, shirt clinging to his chest, eyes wild and a sheen of sweat on his forehead. he was worried, I know just by looking in his eyes that he's worried. it didn't got unnoticed by my heart by the it skipped a beat.

I wanted to ask him questions, so many questions but couldn't. my tongue was tied, stuck. my throat constricted. I was trapped between my affection for this man and the lies he told me. it felt like touching a thorny rose, you love the flower but afraid the thorns would prick your skin. everyone is afraid of getting hurt but everything changes when your love enters the game, then it becomes a whorl of love, lies, blinding trust and something close to insanity. and it hurts.