27 | half secrets

Third person's pov

"Where is the locket Mili?" Caim finally asked the question he had been meaning to ask her since he left Raven's House. The house that contains almost everyone in the mafia's buried past and painful history. The house's father or leader was none other than Jacub Daniels, who was known for his ruthless personality and cunning mind.

It was no secret that Caim went there to find out more about the locket. After all, the locket has everything a mafia could want to become the world's most powerful leader. He remembered giving that locket to a girl with brown hair and blue eyes two years ago, but the girl vanished. He tried to find her but it seemed as if she had vanished from the face of the earth, but after a few months he learned that she had died. Why? It was still a mystery. He only knew that her family killed her.

He always assumed she died as a result of the locket but it was not true, she died due to some other reason. The small piece of metal already ruined his life two years ago, and just when he thought he was finally free of his previous miseries, it fucking multiplied.

"What locket?" Miliani was perplexed by his question. She was becoming increasingly confused as time passed.

"The locket you found in a wooden box," Caim tried to provoke her reaction, knowing that if Miliani had the locket, she was somehow connected to all of this, which was the last thing he wanted. Miliani furrowed her brows in question, thinking when her eyes widened in recognition and she flew up to meet Caim. He gulped, knowing that what she was about to say could tip the scales in her favour.

"How did you find out about it?" Instead, she asked, her eyes forming slits, almost accusingly. Caim found it difficult to lie when she looked at him with such inquisitiveness.

"It's unimportant; do you have it?" He inquired and sat up on the couch, bringing miliani with him. He sat her on his lap, but she pushed herself out of his arms and sat on the opposite side of the couch. The distance was required at this time.

"First, an answer to the question I posed," Miliani said flatly. She's been lied to so many times that now that she has the opportunity to learn the truth, she can't stay silent, and if Caim knows she has that locket, it means he knows who Sean is.

"What makes you want to know?" In response, he raised one of his brows. The entire atmosphere of the room had changed; instead of being soaked in passion, it now felt cold and empty. Both were waiting for the other to respond to their question. Caim have had enough and moved closer to Milani. He yanked her arm, yanking her closer to him. He felt the need to touch her because he knows where this conversation is going.

Miliani's breathing came to a halt when her chest brushed up against his hard one. They were only a breath away from kissing again, and all it took was a small movement of the head. She looked him in the eyes, which were completely blue with some silver swirling around them. They always change colours in response to his emotions. Right now, they were hidden; he was feeling a variety of emotions, but he hid them perfectly behind the curtain of blank eyes, just as his grandfather had taught him.

No one wanted to disturb the uncomfortable silence, but some words were out in the open to find their meanings, so it was better if they sorted this out now rather than later.

"Because the locket you're referring to belongs to someone very close to my heart, and I'd rather you tell me the truth." She spoke in hushed tones, her voice weaker than she intended. Her breaths were small puffs that fanning across his face.

"Who?" He inquired, and her response dropped a block in the pit of his stomach; he couldn't believe she knew the owner of the locket, the one person he had been attempting to protect her from, she knew him.