14 | friends in need are friends indeed

This is going to be a long chapter so buckle up.

Miliani's POV

I walked inside my kitchen to eat something since I haven't eaten anything from yesterday afternoon. On the way to the kitchen, I looked at the watch hanging to check the time. It was only 6:18 which gives me plenty of time to eat and get ready for school.
In the kitchen, I searched for something that I can make easily, I looked inside the cupboards to find a packet of waffle mixture.

Tearing the wrapper I poured the powder into a mixing bowl and added the liquids to make the better smooth, once the batter was lump-free I rested it for some time. During that time I went upstairs into my room to check my phone, I found it on the floor with a small crack on the screen. It must've got slipped from my hand when I called Caim. I picked it up from the ground and switched it on.

The wallpaper of me and my two friends lightened up the screen, Karlos was wearing an annoyed expression while I and Ailee were laughing. My eyes were closed and Ailee has her hand reaching out for something. I smiled at the picture, it reminds me of the mini friends get to gather that we celebrate every few weeks.

It was taken when we all went to watch a movie which was the notebook. Karlos was scowling throughout the whole drive to the cinema but we somehow managed to lift his spirits by offering him lots and lots of popcorn. He agreed to our deal and we went inside the theatre, taking out seats. Karlos was carrying all the popcorn buckets whereas Ailee had our drinks and I was the one who bought the tickets so technically they were my slaves.

The movie was at its best part where the couple was kissing under the rain. The guy has the girl lifted and she was kissing him with everything in her. We were so into the movie that we didn't hear small sniffles coming from our right side, once the movie was over I looked at Ailee who had tears running down her cheeks. I was the same. We both got up from our seats and looked towards Karlos only to find him crying hysterically with a handkerchief covering his nose. Ailee pinched me and when I looked at her she immediately started laughing startling the poor crybaby.

Karlos become embarrassed and threw the piece of cloth towards the lady behind us which made us laugh even harder, the lady looked at the handkerchief disgustingly before chucking it down the seats. Karlos stomped out of the theatre and we followed him when we reached outside, Ailee quickly took out her phone and clicked some pictures of Karl and I was still laughing. Seeing them fight for the phone I took out my own and took a selfie where I had my eyes closed and Ailee was reaching out to take her phone from Karl, who was wearing an annoyed expression for being got caught crying.

I laughed a bit remembering the memory, I still remember the scowl on Karl's face when we left the cinema. Shaking my head, I unlocked my phone and got the shock of the century.

"I'm so getting killed" I whispered because before me was a message which totally absolutely scared me to death.

'MILIANI SNOW!
Where the hell are you, WHY ARENT YOU PICKING UP YOUR PHONE AND WHY THE HELL IS YOUR HOUSE NOT LOCKED!? '

the next message was as followed.
'LISTEN AND LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY IF I GET MY HANDS ON YOU, YOU ARE DEAD. YOU HEAR ME, YOU ARE DEAD.'

Ailee is going to kill me. I saw 37 missed calls and 73 messages from Ailee and 30 missed calls from Karlos followed by even more messages from him. I know I screwed up and they are going to kill me. Going to school with Ailee is not a good idea anymore, she will definitely push me out of her car or even worse leave me in the jungle, yeah, she has done that before to Karl. I should probably call Caim to pick me up.

I started biting my nails to release some of my anxiety, I finally gathered up the courage and pressed call on the small world emoji. It ringed for a few seconds before a blasting sound was heard, enough to make me deaf.