44 | buoyancy

Miliani's POV

Red illuminated the entirety of the club, it reflected through people, making them look red and seductive. It was written in books to find red as the colour of anger but when it fell on bodies, the curves look a little more profound, the red on the lips looks more bloody and the eyes that hold emotions only depicts desire. Red is dangerous, blissful and more apparent in eyes than in veins.

I felt desire as soon as I stepped inside the club, it was packed with people, some hanging out with their friends, some drinking, some flocking around to click a chance with someone and most people grinding like they're on a bed. The most prominent population was indulged in red, on the dancefloor with their hands on others that either were strangers or lovers. It breathed a different energy in me. I was suddenly aware of the music blasting through the speakers.

"This place is amazing, isn't it?" Ailee looked around in awe, it was our first time in this club, many people has heard about this place. It was owned by a guy named Jacub, he was a very busy man, from what I have heard about him, he owns some type of illegal business but controls it legally, nothing to hide.

The club has a dark vibe to it, one you feel when you walk into a balcony at night. The feeling is serene and thrilling at the same time. The night scares you but the light illuminated by the moon makes up for it. The walls were a dark maroon shade with dark aesthetic paintings hanging on it, there were black couches on the corner of the space, where many people were having fun. A minibar on the far corner, minimalist lights hanging down the top of the wooden ceiling over the bar. Lines and lines of different types of alcohol stacked in cabinets.

"I don't know if we are still on earth, this place is giving serious hell vibes" she stated, my lips parted into a smile and I found myself laughing at her remark. It's true, this place is really living up to its name. My heart was beating bashfully in my chest.

My black sequin dress glittered in the lights, the Black clashing with the red but the light matched my lipstick, sinfully red. I was out to have fun and I was about to start, I took Ailee's hand in mine and dragged her towards the bar, the bartender was tending to some girl who was wearing a really short outfit. Her shirt barely covered her ass and the neck was plunged so low if she bend a little I think she'll flesh the bartender. He would be happy nonetheless.

"Hey, straight towards the alcohol huh?" Ailee laughed, I only smiled as I wanted to have some alcohol in me before uttering anything today. I motioned the bartender to fill out glasses.

"One Jack Daniels and one whiskey on the rocks with extra ice" I told him. He started making our orders and I noticed his stare going to my face than down, down, down until he was practically imagining me naked. I cleared my throat to snap his attention towards me, I glared at him and he averted his eyes away from me. Typical men behavior. I rolled my eyes.

The bartender finally placed our drinks in front of us and without waiting I chugged it down, Ailee followed my action. I could feel the alcohol going down my neck, it left a burning aftertaste in my mouth which I welcomed with my whole heart by taking another drink placed in front of me. This place reminded me of myself a few years back, full of life and adventure.

"Let's dance" Ailee took my hand, i followed her towards the dance floor. Slipping between people who couldn't keep their hands to themselves, when we finally reach the middle of the floor, someone has touched my ass, grazed my arm and pulled me to dance with them. Its scary how only a few drinks can make someone more crazy than human. Shrugging every touch off my body, I let myself lose in the beats of the music.

I closed my eyes and swayed to the music, the beats were equating my heartbeats, one thump fast enough to match the next beat of the music. The place smelled of sweat, liquor and something intoxicating which left me feeling lightheaded. My eyes were closed that only made the feeling more profound. I could feel the heat of people around me, listen to their heavy breathing, feel Their bodies touching mine whenever someone would come too close but it all felt right, in that moment I didn't think I loved someone, I didn't think I've been accused of a murder, I didn't even thought about my best friend dancing just a few steps away from me. It was me and the music filling my blood.

Maybe it was the liquor, maybe it was the courage in me that when a guy came and wrapped his hands around me, I didn't flinch, didn't push him. His hands went a little lower than my waist but I let him, only for today I'll let someone else's hands on me. I don't know who the person is, I haven't opened my eyes but it feels nice. It isn't Caim and I know from the way the guy is touching me, his hands a little firmer, while Caim always made sure I was handled like a glass. His touch was delicate enough to break me.

I opened my eyes when his touch started to feel like venom, coursing through my body and dirtying me. Prying his hands away from my body I took a few steps from him and turned to look who the guy is. My eyes met a dull shade of green, my whole body sagged in disappointment. His eyes were the color of moss green, not flattering. Maybe its because I've always loved oceans and the waves clashing in it. His hair was a deep shade of black, not brown. My eyes raked him, from head to toe but not one thing was attractive enough to lure me in to dance with him again, to have his hands on me again.

"Hii" he spoke, his voice deep but lacked the raspiness I'm addicted to. I stood there looking at him like a fool. I think he started to feel uncomfortable as I watched him shuffling from one foot to another. "I saw you dancing here alone and thought maybe you'll need some company" he said, rubbing the back of his neck. I was about to answer him but Ailee came into view and stood in front of me with a stoic face.

"Her man wouldn't appreciate the company" she said with a sweet smile, the guy turned a little red from embarrassment and slowly nodded his head, I gaped at Ailee. What man? As long as i know Caim isn't mine. He looked between me and Ailee before stepping around her to walk towards the bar. I kept my gaze in him until I saw him disappearing into the wild crowd.

"You don't have to do that" I told her, she just shrugged.

"Yeah, but I don't think Caim would appreciate someone else's hands on your body" 

"we're not together, remember, so i can do what the hell i want." i replied curtly. I hate it when someone tells me what to do because it gives me the impression that they have some sort of power over me, and I had had enough of control freaks two years ago. 

"woah, chill. i was just helping you" she stepped back a little. " i didn't mean to offend you. i just thought maybe he was forcing you or something" i sighed. i don't know why i was so frustrated. closing my eyes for a brief second, i took a deep breath to calm myself down. once i was calm enough i opened my eyes with intend to apologize to Ailee.

"i-i'm sorry Ailee. i don't know why i snapped at you" i lowered my head in shame. All of this stems from a talk I had with Caim earlier at my place. When he claimed he knew what Sean did to me, it almost took my breath away. He expressed it with such disdain that it made me wonder if I had done something wrong, like what he said was directed at me.

she waved my apology and smiled at me. " just try to relax Mili" her smile soothed the last of my irritation and i smiled back. yes, I'm here to relax. i nodded my head. she took my hand and started to shake her body, i laughed and did the same, following her movements. at this moment my brain finally calmed down.

all time low was playing in the area, when the bass beat came i raised my hand and closed my eyes to feel the beats while shaking my hips from side to side at once Ailee and i bumped and laughed at our ridiculousness. after the song finished i felt thirsty so i told Ailee that i'm going to get a drink. i walked in between the grinding people to the bar and ordered just a glass of water. 

i was waiting for my drink when my eyes fell on something or rather someone and my whole body froze. my eyes widened and i could feel my heart shattering into a million pieces.

because the person i saw in front of me was caim, with a girl.

________________________

hello lovelies,

i hope you having a great day. so, what do you think about this chapter. i know its short but i really couldn't write more to save this chapter, i tried everything to make this chapter a little more interesting but couldn't came up with anything. also, its been so long since i updated Caim so i thought might as well publish this chapter and save the drama for the upcoming one. i promise i wont take this long to post the next. i think you'll get the next chapter tomorrow and the next a day after tomorrow.

hope you like the chapter.

please vote and comment.

until next time.