Chapter 52

GRAY'S POV :

« Are you in love with Juvia? »

Those words were ringing in my mind again and again as I rode back home. Why did that idiot ask that to me out of all the people? I brushed him off, saying he was crazy but I couldn't chase his annoying voice from my mind as well as his words. Love.

Tch.—That word is as stupid as its meaning. As I can ever love someone just like that. I snorted mentally. Me in love?—Impossible. Gray Fullbuster and love don't go in the same phrase.

Juvia's face appeared in my mind and I couldn't deny the fact that I was attracted by her, but love?—No. I wasn't in love with her. I can't be in love. My grip on the throttle tightened as I looked ahead of me, at the deserted highway. I shouldn't let my guards down, no matter how many times she breaks through my walls, I've to build them again and again, until she's no more able to break them.

***

The next day, I was woken up by a glaring daggers at me Erza. Great. What a way to start my day.

I yawned and running a hand through my hair, I checked the time on my phone. 7:45. I rubbed my eyes and got up from the bed and directed towards the bathroom, ignoring the glaring Titania.

- " Gray." Erza muttered making me stop in my way. I'm not a fool to not listen to the Great Titania, ignoring her presence was enough. That woman will chase me in the bathroom to kick my nude ass.

I shook my head chasing away the horrifying scene from my mind. I turned to face her, ready to get lectured for whatever happened yesterday or maybe get two or three punches at face. But she surprised me.

- " Good job." With that said, she turned on her heels ready to exit my room, leaving me confused and surprised.

- " W-wait! Erza! " I grabbed her arm. When she looked at me questionably, I murmured. " That's it?" As she still looked confused, I added, " You came here just to say this."

She nodded positively making me more confused. " Then why were you glaring at me while waking me up?"

Her eyes turned dangerous at my question and I immediately regretted it. "Because you could've called me but no, you went alone and did whatever you wanted without including me in the plan."

I stiffened a snort and shook my head. "It's my threat. Not Black Rebels. I'd to do it personally." I murmured.

- " Yeah, I saw that." Her voice dipped to a teasing tone as her mouth was pulled up in a smirk.

- " Get out of my room." I muttered, turning away before she could add anything.

- " Fine! fine!" My annoying friend raised her hands up as she gave up, but I knew her better to say obviously no. She'll eventually bring this up anytime.

- " Screw you, Erza." I said as I directed to the bathroom again, I knew where this was going and I was really not in the mood to have a conversation with her—especially not this conversation.

She laughed at my reaction and glanced at the clock. "I'll let you get ready, quick, you're late." She said before eyeing me strictly.