Chapter 61

JUVIA'S POV :

Betrayal is a burning pain for the bonds of love because it distorts every single thing you have trusted, leaving deep scars on you, that needed to be treated alone. Only those scars are not easily treated nor faded. It needed time. And time, I needed.

It's been exactly twelve days since that night, since the day I got to know about my friend's affiliation in one of the most famous biker gangs. Black Rebels. They were right under my nose and I didn't have a single clue.
It was also the day I confessed my love to him and got to know he was the one who saved my life a year ago in a deadly accident. Finding out that the guy you were searching for an year turning out to be your first love is quite exhilarating but it's equally painful when you gets to know that he's been hiding it from you knowing everything from the start, when you bared your soul to him.  Add all your friends that you considered as your family to the list.—As I said, it's painful.

I sighed and tied my hair in a quick bun, grabbed my bag and headed out to the living room of Lucy's flat. I saw a post it on the console table by the corridor with my friend's message on it.
'Sorry, forgot to inform you, had to leave early for an assignment. Call me when you're ready, I'll pick you up or send Natsu.'

Finishing my bootlaces, I left the appartement after locking it with the spare keys that Lucy lend me. I didn't want to disturb her or Natsu while they're at school so I preferred to walk to school. I had time anyway.

I've been living with Lucy since the incident, I couldn't go back there and face them as if everything was okay when it is not. I needed space and Lucy willingly offered me a spare room—she actually insisted when I wanted to find a hotel for myself. I also got to know that Lucy is not in gang, she knows about it because she met Natsu as a Black Rebel.

« My dad is an asshole. He tried to marry me to a rich jerk for money so I ran away from my house. He sent his goons after me to bring me back and that's when I met Natsu. When they saw that he was a Black Rebel, they ran away...After that I enrolled in FT and found a real family there. »

That's what she told me three days ago out of blue, I nodded simply and hugged her. I guess she wanted me talk about what happened but I couldn't. I wasn't even ready to face them and It's a good thing that I haven't seen any of them in school yet. But despite being hurt, I couldn't help my worry for my friends—so I had to make sure that they all were fine from Lucy. Though, I didn't know the reason of their absence and I didn't need to know it. I was not ready for their explanations.

A horn pulled me out of my thoughts as I stopped to look at the car that had slowed down. I raised an eyebrow as I didn't recognize it but when I saw the driver's face through the lowering window, I didn't know if I had to be relieved that it wasn't any of my friends or grimace that it's still someone I knew from them.

- " Hey Juvia, what're you doing here?"

- " Hi Lyon, I'm walking school." I greeted him with a small smile.

- " Need a lift?" I shook my head in a no, "I'm early and have some time to kill—"

- " Comm'o, I insist, I can't let a beautiful girl walk on her own. Besides, it's on my way." I sighed inwardly but nodded in agreement as I made my way to the passenger seat. I couldn't be rude and refuse his kindness, Lyon probably had no idea of what's going on and he did nothing to me.