Meeting The Family

Start from the beginning

You entered and set your bag on the bed.

The room looked very nice. Cream colored walls, a mini chandelier on the ceiling, a queen sized bed, television, drawers, a bathroom with a tub and shower. It felt like a hotel room at how adequate it was.

There was also a tall bookshelf beside the door, the books that were displayed there were all old and tattered. Perhaps they were old books the family didn't use anymore.

Right across from the door was a little balcony that looked like it belonged in a Parisian apartment. There was also a singular wiry chair that accompanied said balcony.

Thinking that it would be a while until Loki would need you for work, you grabbed a book and sat on the balcony to read it whilst overlooking the beautiful trees and lake.

-------------

“You look awfully luxurious. I hate it.” Loki commented when he saw your form, he strode into your room without shame.

“Have you ever heard of knocking?” you said exasperatedly and put down your book.

“I did knock.” Loki lied.

“Uh, no you didn't.”

“I'm fairly sure I did.”

“No you didn't, quit lying Loki.”

“I did.”

“You didn't.”

“Hush up, I did. Now come, afternoon tea is ready.” Loki grabbed the book from your lap and placed it on the coffee table in your room.

“Goodness you're more English than I thought.” you said and followed in his steps.

Frigga was already there in the mini dining area stirring her tea quietly.

“Ah, it's wonderful you could join us, my dear.” Frigga smiled when she saw you walk in with Loki. You sat across from her and beside Loki who politely poured you a cup of tea. You then prepared it as you liked.

“How was your trip?” Frigga asked the both of you.

“Barely any traffic which was nice.” Loki answered and picked up a pastry from the trays.

“How are you, dear?” Frigga asked you.

“I'm very well, thank you,” you smiled. “This is really lovely. What is it?”

“Chamomile.”

“Anyways, mother I hope you don't find it rude that we're also here on business. I think we're going to have to occupy the office later.” Loki said.

“Oh no, not at all, Loki. I'm elated that you found time to visit instead of not visiting at all,” said Frigga. “Did you know in university, Loki would always visit because he disliked so many of his classmates. He can't bear to share a dorm with another student, so we had to pay extra so he can have his own quarters.”

paid the extra, mother.”

“Oh, yes, yes. That you did, because you said you didn't want to bother us right?” Loki nodded. “It's practically a miracle that Loki can work so closely with you.”

“Oh?” you glanced at Loki when you sipped your tea, he merely replied with a simple roll of his eyes when he heard your suggestive tone.

“Goodness, yes,” Frigga took a bite out of a pastry before her eyes lit up as if she remembered something long forgotten. “Actually, Loki didn't like many people even when he was a little boy. Although, he took quite the fancy to this one girl when he was around 10?”