You/Kuvira - Arranged

You tried to stop your hands from shaking but it was impossible

You tried to stop your hands from shaking but it was impossible. You were scared about meeting your future wife. You had heard about the terrible things she had done to gain her power and you could only imagine how much of a cruel person she would be. You couldn't blame your parents for doing everything they could to avoid being attacked by her army. Your island was small and powerful but not enough to take on the entire Earth Empire.

"(y/n), you can still run from this. Kuvira is still not set to arrive for another hour. I can get you on the next ship to the North Water Tribe. I've gotten their word to keep you safe."

Your personal guard told you. The two of you had been through a lot and both of you cared for one another. You weren't surprised that she was attempting to save you from a terrible marriage.

"No, Soh. I must do this for our island. If I refuse, Kuvira will attack. The lives of our family and friends will be in my hands."

Soh wanted to argue but you had already left. There was still preparations that needed to be done before the arrival of your future wife.

X

Preoccupied with last minute preparations, your nerves had calmed down. You had stopped thinking about what your life would be like and focused on giving Kuvira a proper greeting. Your parents insisted that it was necessary to make her arrival a big event. Everyone from the island was invited to see that they had nothing to fear from the Earth Empire.

With nothing to keep your mind preoccupied as you stood besides your parents, your hands behind to shake again.

"Princess, it's not too late."

Soh whispered to your side as she held your hands to help you calm down.

You shook your head and pulled your hands back to you. Kuvira would be furious if she saw you be close to another woman.

"You're dismissed, Soh."

"But Princess!"

You give everyone a small smile when they turn to face Soh for her yelling.

"But nothing, Soh. You're dismissed."

Soh sighs and turns around. She would give up for the moment. She'll find you at another time to offer you another chance of escape.

X

Kuvira ignored the onlookers as she climbed the stairs. She felt the entire event to be unnecessary. The marriage was purely political, nothing worth celebrating.

"Great Uniter! Thank you for gracing us with your presence. May I present you Princess (y/n)."

Kuvira had stopped listening to him when her eyes landed on yours. She's always believed love was for the foolish. A distraction that would cost you everything. She had dumped Bataar and never looked back. Seeing you, brought all those feelings that she used to experience with Bataar before she started rebuilding the Earth Empire.