You/Mai - Assassin

AN: WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTING PROMPTS UNTIL I'VE CAUGHT UP WITH ALL REQUESTS. Thank you for understanding

Azula was truly surprise when she learned that you and Mai were dating

Azula was truly surprise when she learned that you and Mai were dating. Mai had a type and you didn't fit the description. Her attempts to figure out why the two of you were dating were always shut down by Ty Lee by telling her that it wasn't any of their business as long as the two of you were happy. After many failed attempts to get answers, she accepted defeated and dealt with the fact that she would now be dealing with two emotionless assassins during her missions.

"The two of you! Go chase after the non-bender and earth bender. Ty Lee and I will deal with the Avatar."

Given your instructions, the two of you take off in a chase after the targets. It was a risk to break the group but considering that everyone had run off in a different direction, Azula had no choice but to split everyone.

"Mai, I'll deal with the Earth bender. You get the other one."

Mai nods, quickly kissing you before running in the opposite direction. The kiss signified an 'I love you and be careful.' Neither of you were good with expressing how you felt so it was reasonable for the two of you to express your emotions through actions.

X

You had the girl cornered, it should've been an easy kill but you had gotten distracted. A few feet away, you heard Mai cry out in pain. Seeing that you were distracted, she used it as an opportunity to catch you by surprise. You dodged the first couple of rocks but managed to miss the last one that threw you against the mountain. As your back hits the wall, you can't help but cry out from the pain. You're surprised from the amount of pain you're in considering that she had only managed to push you back. The pain was only meant to last for a couple of seconds. When you look down, you realize that you were bleeding. The slightest movement brought a world of pain so you stopped moving. Somehow, one of your knifes had managed to stab you. You had a feeling that the earth bender was responsible but you couldn't care. All that mattered was that you had to hurry and help Mai. Biting your lip hard to keep from crying out in pain, you stood up and pulled your knife out. Using some pieces of your clothing, you bandages yourself up as best as you could to stop yourself from bleeding out. Happy with the shitty patch, you hurry up to find Mai.

X

When you finally reach her, you've gone pale and started to sweat profusely. The blood had soaked through your clothes, completely revealing the large wound that was still bleeding.

"(y/n)!" Mai rushes to your side when she sees you stumble near her. "You're bleeding out! What were you thinking?! Going around and letting all your blood spill."

She gently help you lay so she could inspect your wound. As she saw the damage, she couldn't help but gasp loudly. It was bleeding a lot and there was no signs of stopping.

"It's bad, isn't?'

"Just shut up. Let me think."

Neither of you had any medical supplies at hand. The ship was just too far away for any of you to run back and get some supplies. If she couldn't think of something, you were going to die.

"Mai, I think...."

"No! You're not dying on. I need Azula. She can help! Just wait here."

"Wait, Mai!"

Mai actually ran away, leaving you on your own. You couldn't very well move or else more blood will spill.

X

Minutes later and you could hear Azula and Mai arguing something. You couldn't really pay any attention as you were focusing on trying to keep yourself awake.

"Mai, I don't think this is safe. You really want me to do this? What if it doesn't stop the bleeding?"

"Just shut up and do it. I know this will work. I heard about it from one of the captains. They said it wasn't recommended but it would work when in a tight spot."

Azula looked between you and Mai. Although she never showed or admitted that she cared for either of you, she truly did and would do anything to keep the two of you safe.

"Alright. But this is going to hurt a lot."

Mai nods and rushes to hold you.

"(y/n), I need you to stay with me. This is going to hurt a lot but it'll save your life."

You just gave her a smile and let your head rest on her stomach. After making sure that Mai was holding on to you tightly, Azula got to work on cauterizing the wound. Just as she had said, it was painful. Your cries made Azula wanted to stop but she forced herself to continue. She knew it was painful but it was going to save your life.

Ty Lee knew that knocking you out during the process wasn't going to work so she waited until Azula finished. After making sure that you hadn't died during the process, Azula and Ty Lee left the two of you alone.

X

"I told you that it was going to work. I know you're going to be pissed about what we had to do but this was necessary to save your life. You can yell at me after all you want. I stand by my choice and what we did. If we hadn't done anything, you would've died." Mai brushes your hair away from your face as she leans down to kiss you softly. "I'm sorry for not watching your back. I'm never going to make that mistake. The Earth bender will pay for what she did."

Mai held you tighter, being careful to not touch your wound.