You/Kya - Slow

(The two of you are around 8)

"Stop moving, (y/n). I know that you hate wearing your crown but this is a formal visit from the Avatar. If I have to wear my crown, so do you. Izumi didn't complain when I put hers on."

You crossed you arms and pouted at her. The crown was heavy. You hated the thing. You were grateful that your parents only made your wear it for formal visits but even then, you put up a fight about it.

"She's 3, mom! She likes shiny things."

Mai sighs and takes a seat at the edge of your bed. She didn't want you use this card but you left her no choice.

"Kya is coming. Don't you want to impress her?"

At the mention of your friend's name, your perked up.

"Mhm. We wanted to keep it as a surprise for you since the two of you hardly spend any time together but you left me no choice."

You run to your mom, with your back facing her.

"Put it on! I want to impress her."

"That's what I thought."

Mai knew where this would turn out. She had seen it happen with her and Zuko. Seeing a repeat of it in you just brought a smile to her face.

X

(Both of you are 15)

"Are you packed, Kya? We're all just waiting for you."

Katara called out from outside. The entire family was taking a short vacation to Ember Island with the rest of the gang. It was short, meaning that Kya had no business packing so much stuff.

"Just a second!"

Kya yells.

"Why do I have a feeling that she's packing more clothes than she'll ever wear?"

Katara asks Aang

"That's because she is. Go help her and we'll finish loading everything on Appa."

The two of them give each other a quick kiss as Katara makes her way to Kya's room. Clothes are thrown all over the floor and Kya's luggage was practically overflowing.

"Kya...what is all this?"

"Mom! You were supposed to be outside."

"Yeah, well we're getting ready to leave and you're not any closer to finishing. Why are you taking all your wardrobe."

"It's not all."

"Okay, half of your wardrobe."

"I want to impress (y/n) and I need more than a few pairs of clothes to figure out what will impress her."

Katara smiled at her daughter. It was cute how the two of you always seemed to want to 'impress' each other. The 2 sets of parents had talked about this quite often and knew that it was just a matter of time before the two of you realized that the two of you liked each other.