You/Azula - Second Choice Part 2

Once Azula had been crowned Fire Lord with you as her Fire Lady, she found it in her heart to forgive and release her former friends from prison

Once Azula had been crowned Fire Lord with you as her Fire Lady, she found it in her heart to forgive and release her former friends from prison. With you at her side, she had nothing to worry about any assassination attempts or the Avatar trying to swoop in and overthrow her. Which was highly unlikely considering that unlike former Fire Lord Ozai, Fire Lord Azula was actually trying her best to better the Fire Nation.

Marrying Azula had at first been purely a political motive. Azula knew that the Fire Sages would bother her about marrying someone as soon as she was crowned. Since she only had you to trust, it was only logical for the two of you to marry. You only agreed because you cared for Azula and didn't want to see the hard work she had put into becoming Fire Lord be thrown away because she refused to marry.

"Mai has been standing in the throne room for the past hour, refusing to leave until you talk to her."

You sigh as you looked up to Azula. Already knowing what was going through your mind, Azula stood behind you and began to massage the tension away. The two of you had ended up actually falling in love in the middle of pretending to be in love for the Fire Sages. The two of you were devoted to each other but neither of you could forget about the fact that your former lovers had betrayed you.

"I can send her away. Have the guards pick her up and throw her out of the palace."

"Azula, you'll do no such thing."

Her massage got a little rougher as she began to speak of what had happened at Boiling Rock.

"They betrayed us, (y/n). She lied to you for years and Ty Lee treated me like an enemy. I know that I had made it seem like I was going to burn Mai alive but I had never done anything to them. It was all just empty threats. Ty Lee truly thought that I was going to kill them."

You place your hands over hers, stopping her from continuing to massage you. She soon apologizes after realizing that she had been hurting you.

"I know it still hurts to think about what they had done but we're in a much better place. We can't let the past haunt us."

You stood up and leaned in to kiss Azula, reluctantly pulling away when you both needed air.

"I need to Mai."

"Are you sure? I can come with you if you want."

"No, I can handle Mai. I'll be fine."

Azula is reluctant to let you leave, afraid that you would also turn your back on her like Ty Lee but she quickly buried those thoughts deep. If you had wanted to betray her, you would've done it a long time ago.

"I'll wait for you so we can eat dinner together."

You gave her a grateful smile and another kiss before you left.

X

Mai didn't turn around as she heard the doors of the throne room open. The sounds of your heels could be heard throughout the chamber until eventually it's just silence as you stand in front of her.

"(y/n)...you look beautiful."

"Mai, you look well."

Mai was known for never showing how she truly felt but that changed as she heard the tone of your voice. You had changed from the woman that she had last seen before what happened at Boiling Rock.

"Azula had told me that you wished to speak to me. What is it that wish to talk about?"

"I want to talk about Boiling Rock and the kiss at the beach."

Your breath hitched as she mentions the kiss at the beach. This had been the first time you had thought about it in so long.

"I have nothing to say. You betrayed me for Zuko. You lied to me for 3 years, claiming that you loved me when you were just keeping me as a second choice in case Zuko ever returned."

"That's not true, (y/n)! I love you. I was confused when Zuko returned from his banishment but I realized that my heart belonged to you, not Zuko."

You just laugh at her words, surprising Mai. Perhaps, you should've taken Azula's offer to throw Mai out.

"Not once did you talk to me about your feelings. Not once did you tell me how you were confused about his return. The funny thing is that I would've understood. As much as I loved you and how it would break me, I would've let you figure out your feelings but instead, you broke my trust and spit on my heart when you kissed Zuko at our anniversary. Did you know that I was planning on proposing to you. I had gone with Azula to buy a ring to give to you at our picnic at the beach only to come back and find you swapping spit with him."

Mai flinches at the crude words that were coming out of you. When she had been released under the orders of the new Fire Lord, Mai had believed that she had still stood a chance to win you back but this conversation with you made her realize that you would never giver her one and she didn't deserve one.

"I love Azula, Mai. I have nothing else to say. If you'll excuse me, my wife is waiting for me to join her for dinner."

Mai stood at her spot as she watched you walk out of the throne room.

"The crazy thing is that I forgive you. I've realized that I can't hold on to grudges when I'm at a much better place. I truly hope that you find happiness, Mai."

Mai fell apart as the doors closed behind you.

X

Azula looked up as she heard the doors open.

"How did things go with Mai?"

You gave her a smile and leaned down to kiss her as you sat down besides her.

"I feel forgave her and let her know that I'm completely and utterly in love with Fire Lord Azula."

Azula leans in to give you another kiss.

"and I'm in love with Fire Lady (y/n)."

Neither of you ever got tired of saying your titles.

-----------

Send me prompts and suggestions. Will write about any women from the ATLA/LOK universe. All characters are 18+

Toph Beifong - Hurt

Lin Beifong - Reveal

------------