You/Korra - Monster

AN: WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTING PROMPTS UNTIL I'VE CAUGHT UP WITH ALL REQUESTS. Thank you for understanding

"You can't get away with this!"

"Yes I can!"

Hearing the same phrase that had appeared after their 18th birthday, the two of you had been caught off guard. Neither of you had expected for the enemy to be the ones to say the phrase.

You always believed it was going to come from a police officer, lawyer or even a bystander but that hadn't been the case. The very same Avatar that Zaheer had been trying to capture is the one that happened to be your soulmate.

Korra still couldn't wrap around her mind the fact that you were her soulmate. You wanted to kidnap her in order to use her as a sacrifice. There was no possible way that you were the one that she was destined to spend the rest of her life with.

The two of you stood at a standstill, trying to figure out what to do. This hadn't been part of anyone's plan.

"What are you doing (y/n)!? Grab her!"

A job was a job and you weren't going to let the fact that Korra was your soulmate to distract you from what you had been tasked to do.

"I'm terribly sorry, Korra."

Korra hadn't even registered what you had said before you knocked her out.

X

You've been feeling guilty since you helped Zaheer kidnap Korra. As much as you tried to push your guilt to the back of your mind, it persisted. It would come back in full force when you caught a glimpse of her face.

"If we see for a second that you're going to change your mind about the mission, I will kill you. I will not let the lives of our fallen friends be in vain. Do you understand?"

You quickly nodded at him, not wanting for him to kill you then and there. He continued to glare at you and didn't turn away until much later.

X

For some unknown reason, they had tasked you to keep an eye on Korra on your own while they prepared everything. You weren't even in the room for an hour when you decided to switch sides. Zaheer had lost his soulmate and you weren't about to be the second person to do so. You hadn't even had a chance to get to know her.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm getting you out of here. I'm not going to let you die." You tried to burn off the cuffs but it wouldn't work, the cuffs were made out of platinum and you needed your flames to be extremely hot. Korra would get hurt if your flames reached the melting point of platinum. "It looks like I'm going to have to carry you out."

You bent down to carry her in your arms when Korra started to struggle.

"Let me go!"

"Shut up! Or they'll hear you. I'm trying to save you, you idiot!"