52 | warm and warmth

Callista brushed her hair, letting it fall in over her shoulders

Callista brushed her hair, letting it fall in over her shoulders. She could hear Castor playing with some game. He was quiet the whole time they went back to her mansion.

He sat on the floor in his pajamas, back flat against the edge of her bed. He was frowning at his phone screen. "Stupid Franco! You're a marksman! Stop rushing!"

She chuckled at the Italian profanities that spilled from his mouth. Caly sat behind him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs on his body, kissing his hair. "You just died."

He snorted, leaning to her touch. "I can't believe that PJ is better than Franco. To think he's old."

"PJ is young at heart." Caly hugged him tighter. His skin was scorching. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Yeah, wait." He continued tapping at his phone as Caly watched over his shoulder.

"Loser," she teased.

"Look at my kills, darling."

"That doesn't matter. Your team lost. So you're a loser," she chuckled and kissed his cheek as the game ended.

Castor twisted and laid his head on her stomach. "What were you saying?"

"What you said to Franco... I was surprised." She raked her fingers through his hair. "Do you want to live here and carry on the business?"

"Yes," he answered. "I want a better future for Franco. A much better future for us. But that day... I was scared."

"Of what?"

"Losing you." Castor gripped her hand and placed a kiss on her palm. "I felt helpless. I couldn't do anything without you and Franco's decision. I remember thinking that I would kill anyone who would get in my way."

"Cas..."

"I don't ever want to feel that helpless again." He met her eyes. "If it's for you and my family, I don't mind using all the resources I have. That's what I decided."

She smiled. "I understand. It's okay."

"You still want me?"

"I will never not want you." She embraced him tighter, setting her chin on his shoulder. "Thank you. For saving me that day... and years ago."

She felt him tense.

"I know why you didn't tell me, Cas. And I know why you never used it against me even if you saw how desperate I was to pay my debt."

"Really? Why do you think I hid it?" She could feel him smiling.

"Because I know that you want me to like you for who you are. And not because I have a debt to pay."

Castor stood up and draw her to his arms. They sat on the floor with her on his lap. "You know me that much?"

"Of course I do." Callista turned to look at him, caressing his cheek. "Thank you for everything, Cas. And I meant what I said, I will always want you with me. It was because of you that I realized what I wanted all along."

"And what is that?"

"A family."

He smirked. "With who?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. I'm sure I could find someone."

"No need. I volunteer." Castor locked his lips in hers. The kiss was deep, hard, and passionate like there was no tomorrow. He bit her lip before he ravaged her mouth. He moved his head and whispered in her ear. "Marry me."

"Shouldn't you be on your knees?"

He set her on the edge of the bed, kneeling between her legs. His fingers grazed the skin on her thighs. Castor arched an eyebrow. "Is this alright?"

Callista held his face between her palms. "Over and over, I keep leaving you. But that will never happen again. I love you and I promise that no matter what kind of shit life throws at us, I will always be by your side."

"That a yes?"

Her reply was muffled by another kiss. Castor pushed her back on the bed as his tongue surged between her lips. She moaned at the feel of his hot skin. Her hands roamed around from his toned abs to his broad shoulders. Her legs wrapped around his waist, hearing Castor's groan at the sudden contact.

His lips licked at her neck before he bit and suck at the same spot.

"Wait." She yanked at his hair, causing him to growl in annoyance.

"What?"

"You didn't say you love me," she complained with a small pout.

Castor laughed as his face hovered over hers. His thumb stroked her cheek lovingly. "I love you, your majesty. There's no one else I want by my side."

She kissed his cheek. "That's better."

✘✘

epilogue left.