15 | seduce and seducers

The white and gold building loomed over Callista Genovese

The white and gold building loomed over Callista Genovese. Once again, she had found herself in another branch of Castle. This time it was located at the Hamptons. Thomas had insisted to accompany her despite her raging protests. As punishment, she had sent him with her luggage to her hotel room while she searched for Delilah.

She found the girl by the beach, basking in the sun. Her usual fair skin had become flushed. Caly sauntered to her spot, flip flops sinking in the sand with her every step.

"Delilah!" She peeked at her resting form, blocking the sun in the process.

The Gallo heiress had called her over with excitement. Caly had to cut off her sleep and travel to the Hamptons in a hurry. Between Castor's fervid confession, her marketing duties, and now, Delilah's predicament, Callista was at the end of her wits. Nevertheless, she smiled like the pretender she was. "Hi!"

"You're here!" Delilah sat up from her blanket, pushing up her white retro cat-eye sunglasses. "I had a great idea to make Franco like me!"

Caly hid her exasperation. "What do you mean?"

"I got the idea that night we had dinner. You know, what Castor said." Delilah stood up, tying a knot on her black cover-up. Her giddiness was apparent as she squeezed the other girl's shoulder. "I will seduce him."

Callista's face displayed surprise. "Oh?"

"What? Is it a bad idea?" Delilah worried her bottom lip, seeking Caly's eyes for approval. "I just thought that sex will eventually turn to love. And I'd like it if my marriage had a little warmth to it."

Callista's throat burned with remorse. Everyone wanted to be loved. That primal instinct that was inscribed in the soul that couldn't be erased no matter what. Even the bratty party girl yearned for it. God, she wished this would be over soon.

"No, no. It's a great idea." Caly linked her arms with Delilah. "How about we go shopping for sexy lingerie? Franco won't be able to say no."

"Right?" Delilah's face beamed at her suggestion. "Franco is still resting in his room. So I need to be ready before evening."

They decided to shop near East Hampton. Delilah tried every nightgown as Caly made judgments. She sighed after saying no to a blue backless dress that Delilah chose. It was her sixteenth try.

Caly brushed her raven locks backward, fanning herself from the heat. Her white off shoulder lace dress helped her more than the air conditioner. She leaned on the couch just as her phone rang, Victoria's caller id flashing on the screen. "Hello, Tori."