39 | beg and beggars

Castor Luciano ended up sitting and smoking at Callista's porch

Castor Luciano ended up sitting and smoking at Callista's porch. The ashes fell on the marble floor as he leaned against a white ionic column. His thoughts jumped from his long-lost brother to family business stuff and Caly's skittish looks. He needed a damn break.

It was past noontime when Vincent's car pulled up on the driveway. He exited the car with a stupid smile on his face. "I knew it."

He rolled his eyes.

"You can't really help it." Vince threw a bag at him.

"Help what?" Castor ransacked the sports bag with his free hand to check on his clothes. He frowned at the missing items. "Where's my toothbrush?"

"Oh." Vincent blinked at him before he shrugged and sat in front of him. He leaned on the opposite pillar. "At least there's underwear. That's more important."

"Ass." Castor groaned, pulling one knee up. "And I can't help what?"

"Coming back to her majesty?" Vince pushed out a stick from his pack and lit it up. "I thought you were done but now, you're living together?"

"It's not like that," he said, knuckles rubbing against his eyebrow. "She... dropped a bomb on me."

"About what?" Vince took out his phone as Castor's notification bell rang repeatedly. "I sent you Ethan's reports. Shit went down last night. Again."

"Franco Castellano is my brother," Castor mumbled as he fished out his phone and analyzed the images. "Damn, old man keeps pushing, huh?"

"What? How did that happen?"

"When there's demand, you can't really shut down—"

"No. I mean, you and blondie are brothers?" Vince exclaimed. He slapped his leg as he shook his head. "How did that happen?"

"What? You don't know how sex works?"

"No shit, Cas," Vince continued muttering things like 'hell' and 'seriously' ten more times while he smoked. "So, what are you going to do?"

Castor tilted his head back, his phone gripped tightly on his right fist. "That seems to be the question of the week." He took another quaff from the shorter stick on his left hand. "Caly said I should give him a chance."

Vince chuckled. "I'm surprised you haven't yet."

Cas clicked his tongue. "And what do you mean by that?"