41 | love and lovers

Callista had a sudden craving for ice cream

Callista had a sudden craving for ice cream. She had left Castor and Franco at around ten to sleep. But she had forgotten to eat. She peeked at the pool and the two men weren't around anymore. It was almost four anyway.

Caly marched to the kitchen and grabbed a tub of ice cream. Thank god they bought some. She started eating when Castor found her.

"Hey." He greeted and seized her spoon. The man scooped a spoonful and swallowed it in one go.

"Cas! Really?" Caly grumbled in protest. "Why are you still up?"

"I can't sleep," he answered and took the seat next to her. Castor gestured with the spoon. "One more."

Callista pushed the ice cream to him, scanning his sleepy face. "So? What did you and Franco talk about?"

"Why do you want to know?" Castor resumed eating that Caly rolled her eyes. "Its guy stuff."

"Was it about girls?" she inquired, narrowing her eyes at him.

"That's disgusting."

"Then, what is it? I stopped listening after..." Caly grinned and cleared her throat. "'I've got your back'."

Castor gaped at her. "You eavesdropped on us?" He rubbed a hand over his face as a muffled groan escaped his lips. "Callista!"

"Hey! Ladies don't eavesdrop," she insisted with a loud chuckle. "The video was buffering. I couldn't help but hear it."

"But still—"

"Not—Oh my god!" Caly screamed as the lights went out. Her heart clamored in terror as darkness covered her eyes. "Cas! Where are you? Shit!"

"Caly, calm down.I'm here!"

Callista felt Castor's arms on her. Her fear dissipated as his best friend scent filled her senses. The wild thrumming in her ears became a low hum.

"Take a deep breath," he whispered, combing his fingers through her hair. "Don't be scared. I'm here, aren't I?"

Caly blinked a few times as her eyes adjusted to the dim surroundings. She lifted her head to stare at him. "Cas..."

"Hmm?"

"Have we met before?"

"Uhm, what do you mean?"

Callista took a step back as the lights returned. She tried to rack her brain as to where the thought came from but she found nothing. For now, it was just a gut feeling.