33 | chance and chances

Callista Genovese watched as Dos told Castor everything

Callista Genovese watched as Dos told Castor everything. The pain on her temple was nothing compared to the disbelief that crossed Castor's handsome face.

Dos had told him why she had ran away. He had told him why she kept refusing his advances... why they couldn't have a relationship... why she had insisted on marrying Franco...

And worst, he had told him of the threats on her life.

The countless death threats she had received because of her friendship with Castor Luciano.

"She's quite something, isn't she? You should've used her better," Dos muttered, waving his hands in the air.

Castor didn't miss the opportunity as he tackled Dos to the wall. The gun fell on the floor. Castor twisted Dos' arm, hitting his head against the wooden wall. Dos groaned and elbowed the man behind him.

Callista finally freed her hand. She dove for the gun and directed it at the younger man. "Get off him!"

Dos' eyes were blown. He licked his lips as he put his hands on the air. "You won't shoot me."

She laughed and tossed the gun to Castor. He clicked his tongue and shot him once on the leg.

Dos shrieked in pain as he crumpled on the ground.

Callista was about to step closer when several shots were fired. They crouched on their knees as Castor jerked his head to the counter.

She cussed and crawled behind the counter, flinching as the bullets whizzed above her.

Castor appeared a few seconds later, dragging Dos' with him. He huffed as his back hit the counter.

"Why did you have to bring him here?" she grumbled, glaring at the wounded boy. Dos' jaw was clenched as his hands cupped the injury on his thigh.

"He's family," Cas replied as he tore the hem of his shirt. He tied the strip of cloth on the younger boy's leg. "And you know, it's better to torture him if he's alive."

Caly sighed and snatched the phone from Castor's jeans pocket. "Didn't you call Marcus?"

"I gave them the wrong...address." Dos breathed out.

Callista's fingers worked fast as she typed in several commands at once. She instinctively winced as another round of bullets pestered the small bar. "Shit."

"What did you do?" Castor asked as he wiped a hand over his forehead.

"Are you okay?" She reached out to touch him but Cas threw him a scathing look.

Caly's heart broke.

The bar remained quiet for a few seconds before the door creaked open. Castor's grip on the gun tightened.