Ch. 55 - If I Were King

In an odd twist of faith, I was glad that she had chosen him. Dominic had the power to protect her, or at least so I thought.

But then again, this was Jade we were talking about.

No matter who or what stood in her way, if she wanted to get something done, she would see it through. So, in the end I really could not blame the man for her current predicament.

Just thinking about how she had defied Dominic for me had my heart aching all over again. The thought of her doing something so reckless alongside with Blaire made it hard for me to sleep at night.

I blamed myself for Blaire's death, even though Jade had repeatedly told me that it was not entirely my fault. In the end, we would both lean on each other, staring at the water of the pool while we were both lost in our own world as our shared guilt slowly ate away at us.

Which is why I could not afford to lose Jade!

I was adamant not to lose another person close to me due to my arrogance and stupidity.

As a result, I told Jade that we would definitely need to come up with a proper plan to get past the guards that were always stationed at the edge of the canal. If we could commandeer a small boat or something, anything would be better than risking getting into that unnerving water.

My eyes slowly drifted over to her.

From a distance, I could see the guards devouring her body, as all she wore was a simple black string bikini. There was no denying her beauty, and at times I allowed myself to relive in the fantasy of the past, when she had been mine.

The weather was nice out and Jade was clearly enjoying herself, appreciating the sunlight on her skin.

From the way she sat back with her eyes closed, I allowed myself to admire the dreamy smile she had on her face. I knew that she was thinking happy thoughts, which involved being back in Aelbank City.

No doubt day dreaming about prancing around half naked in front of the men, pissing off Dominic on purpose in the process.

The thought made me smile. She really was a little hellfire. Poor Dominic.

As much as I loved Jade, I did not envy the man one bit! She was definitely more than a handful and I was man enough to know that right now, in my current state, I would not be able to handle her.

Maybe one day, if I were to be King.

Not wanting to give the notion any more thought, I vehemently shook my head, clearing my mind to refocus on the present.

"I need to put more sun-block on your back," I suddenly said.

Jade blinked her eyes, clearly coming out of her own reverie. With a smile, she replied, "Oh yes, don't want me all burnt. After all, I don't think that your father would like it too much!"

At her mischievous comment, I could not help but inaudibly gripe.

"Wait a minute! Does this mean you have to call me mummy now?" Jade pestered with a silly grin on her face.

Inwardly groaning, I replied while undoing the ties on the top of her bikini, "I love your sense of humour and all but no, just no!"

"But why not? Teasing you is just so much fun," she confessed.

"The only teasing to be had is if you decide to have me tied to a bed and you're riding me. Or spanking me while making me your bitch or something," I flashed a grin in return.

Over the last few days, our flirtatious banter had been more frequent. No doubt a coping mechanism for the both of us.

"Ooh, kinky!" Jade exclaimed before biting her lips, clearly imagining the scenarios.