The Stockbroker

"The United States stockmarket is undoubtedly the heart of the US, and the jugular of the global economy...you pierce it, then the whole world will bleed..."

History has shown that the capitalist stock market is indeed profitable, but just how much strain can be put on it?  Multiple times in United States history there have been panics and depressions.  In the US of A's current state, just a shove will cause the country to plummet.  One man single handedly has a plan to make that push.

The man, known only as the Stockbroker, has staked his claim in the market, and is monopolizing it and becoming a shady member of multimillion dollar corporations.  His monetary influence can sway the companies in any direction he wants, and he has plans to drive the spike into the nation.

Candice Scarborough, a private investigator working for a curious CEO of Hewman's Publishing Company, is sent to investigate this wealthy shareholder who is making the big bucks off his brilliant choice of stocks.  But unknowingly she gets wrapped up in dark and mysterious issue that has the government involved.  The intelligence community is in full alert and are monitoring cyber activity and the cash flow.  PI Scarborough runs into a team of investigators in the FBI's Counterterrorism Division. The commanding officer of the squad is Cody Lange (Pronounced "lang - uh"), a sharp and powerful man of forty-five.

Because of Scarborough's progress, they enlist her into the investigation.  As they make ground, the Stockbroker can sense them geting closer.  Simulataneously with the Stockbroker issue, a long string of serial murders starts up in Langley, Virginia, drawing the attention away from the Stockbroker's gradual assualt on the economy.

Cody and Scarborough, suspecting a connection, take it upon themselves to follow the murders in hopes of finding the Stockbroker.