Chapter 47

You're my only reason to stay alive.

Jeno laid down on the bed, hoping for his members to come and also his favorite person, Hyejin. He sat up but the striking pain in his stomach wasn't helping him at all. Abruptly, a chains of soft yet quick knocks were ringing on the ward's door.

"Come in."

Jaemin said as he stood to welcome the visitors—and he was right, the visitors were Hyejin and Jisung. She smiled towards Jaemin and just like nobody's business, she went to the exhausted Jeno on the bed.

"Baby, are you alright? Who did this and when—" He put his index finger on her lips, signaling her to shut her words for awhile.

"I'm fine, no need to act like my mom."

"Did your parents know this? How about Doyoung?" Jeno threw an unbothered look as he looked out of the window.

"My dad is the cause of this, bet he wanted me to die." Hyejin widened her eyes as she pulled his face towards her direction, not wanting to break the eye contact.

"You're kidding, right?" He just looked at her with a zero sign of a yes. She covered her mouth, gasping at the information she just heard.

"But baby, it's not your fault for choosing your own future." She held his hands tightly, seems like not wanting him to go.

"I am going to be by your side—Jisung, call mom and dad." Jisung who heard the whole conversation immediately called Mr. Han so they could come over and offer Jeno some help he actually deserves.

"Princess, I want to sleep first. Call Doyoung for me, I want to tell him about this incident." Hyejin nodded and kissed Jeno's temple, covering him with the white hospital blanket.

"Take a rest, baby."

🏴

"Doyoung, what's the favour to change your dad's mindset?"

Hyejin asked, Jaemin and Haechan were with her while the others—including Han Jisung—were inside of the ward, looking out for Jeno's condition.

"I am not quite sure, he's unreadable. But, all I can say is he already sets a target that only Jeno could take over the company. He's the only heir though." Jaemin exhaled roughly as he stood up, stretching his aching neck.

"Shall we just report this to the police?" Haechan's suggestion was already in one of the Doyoung's plans but they had no proof yet. It would be troublesome because Mr. Lee is a well-known person, they shall never forget the truest fact.

"We can't encourage the police without any proof. We should have people that witnessed the incident."

"But, Jeno was all alone that time, I swear!" Jaemin shouted making Doyoung straight away calmed him down. The confused and tired Hyejin could only hung her head super low. She hates thinking about revenges—it could only be played inside her head.

"Calm down, Jaemin. All of us didn't expect this coming, okay? So please control your temper." Jaemin ruffled his hair as a reflex, Haechan trying to calm him down as good as he could.