Chapter 23

I could sense your warmth.

Jeno's POV

Here I am, shaking in my dark and cold room—another day to face and it clearly messed up. All of the sudden, I felt like I am about to faint anytime. The boys didn't know how's my life going at the moment, all they knew were,

"Jeno's not fine, but he's fighting his own self."

Hyejin? Well, she's going to come back tomorrow and I felt happy knowing she's fine and all cheerful—let me tell you, every pictures she sent were all beautiful and she looked very free.

Like a butterfly that escaped from the dark in a summer. Her smile, I could feel her warmth.

Dad, oh I wish he understood me just like before—wait, have he ever understand me? That woman, I love her but, I just don't know.

Doyoung, I love him as a step brother—actually I wish he was my biological brother, nevertheless, I never see him as a stranger. And finally, he will come back from studying at the states.

End of Jeno's POV

🏴

"Hyejin, wake up." Soojin shook Hyejin's body making her groan in annoyance, instead of actually waking up, she rolled further from the one who woke her up.

"Soojin, stop acting like my mom."

"But it's already eight, our flight is supposed to be at 10."

She stretched and straightly went to the bathroom, nearly slipped in front of the door. Yeri who was busy tidying the bed just chuckled at Hyejin's behavior, grown up child-like behavior due to being the youngest in the whole family.

The girls went out from their room as well as the boys. Hyunjin just dyed his hair pink making he looked like a cute strawberry, according to Soojin.

"Morning, girls. Let's go back and get ready for school." Jisung sighed, annoyed with the word school.

Yuta scoffed, pointed at the two younger boys as a sign of playfully mocking them. "Well, lucky for you I'm just a trainee. No more studying, unlike both of you."

Soojin's eyes widened, covering her mouth from hanging wider. "Hyejin, your family is full of talented people. How the fuck did I just knew that Yuta is a trainee?" They all laughed, Soojin is unusually this way.

"Yes, he's currently an SM trainee."

"Holy Guacamole? I'm jealous, bye."

"It's funny how only Hanako and Hyejin who are really studying for their future."

"It's because I'm truly talentless." Not long after, the parents came with their full luggages, after the shoppings here and there, it was finally over and it is time to face stacks of paper at the office. Hyejin linked her arm with her mom's, walking excitedly along with her birthgiver.

"Mom, it was really fun! But, I'm kind of tired."

"It really is, sweetie. Now let's go and get ready for the second semester." She exhaled tiredly and started to check on her phone, waiting for the particular person to check up on her.