Chapter 44

I find it's harder.

Hyejin was currently eating her breakfast with her family, her acts of poking the food with no soul at all did make her parents looked at her worriedly.

"Sweetie, eat the food. It's not good to stare." Her mom ordered softly making her doe eyes looked up.

"I am sorry, mom. I think I am full."
She got up and went to the living room.

"Don't worry, mom. She's just got no mood for this morning." Jisung reassured his mom as he walked away to see his sister, he knew everything since Hyejin explained about it last night. Her state worsened as time passing by, all he did was sitting back and lend her his ears, it was enough to tell they were already in the phase where the hateful one's included.

"Should we go?" Jisung asked as he took his car key.

"Yes. Mom, dad! I'll get going, bye!" She waved towards her parents and left the house with Jisung.

🏴

"Jeno, wake the fuck up."

Haechan poked his ear making him groaned in annoyance. He didn't really slept last night, thinking of all the things that just happened. Those things had him all raging up, all the whats, whys and hows were circling around his brain for the uncountable times for the day—which hasn't really started yet.

Flashback, last night

"Princess, princess, stop!"

Jeno blocked Hyejin's way as Hyejin rubbed away her tears, painfully—she was a mess, he was stressed. Both of them fell into the challenging phase of their relationship, whether they'd stay together, hand in hand, until the very end.

"Just, leave me Jeno."

She said, tearing down even more. She wasn't a weak person, she rarely cried for any other males except for her dad and Jisung, as well as Yuta and Hyunjin. She felt like her heart was torned appart.

"Princess, no. I will never. Remember my promises?" Hyejin chuckled darkly as she threw an unbothered look.

"If you don't want to leave me, I will." She stepped away from Jeno and ran to any nearest taxi. Jeno catched her, fortunately as Hyejin almost got railed by a lorry making Jeno all mad, raging, not wanting to raise his voice but still,

"Han Hyejin, fucking listen to me!"

Hyejin flinched, her hands were shaking. Jeno never really shouted at her like that, not even inside the car before. This time, it's more terrifying—heartbeat-stopping, pupils trembling, steps unbalanced.

"Jeno, I think, we better stay away from each other." Hyejin said, stepping back. He made way to her and traced his fingers on her pure milky face.

"But, my promises..." He half whispered. He pulled her into a tight hug, as if it's the last hug between them.

"It's okay, baby. Let's just shut each other out for awhile. Let's rethink about everything, our future, our studies and our family."