Chapter 10

No one's important but you.

Hyejin woke up with a strong headache, making her straight away feeling nauseous. She sensed something familiar, the room and the atmosphere, since the last thing she remembered was being at a library, facing a monitor with her fingers clicking on the keyboard.

"Where am I—wait—my house?!" Taking a chance to run downstairs to see it's already night and she saw Jisung and Hyunjin watching a movie together—cuddling to be exact. The scene melted down her anxious feelings, as she made her way into the favorite people of her.

"Ji! Who sent me home and how do I get here?" Hyunjin laughed while Jisung tried to calm his sister. If looks could kill, Hyunjin would be a fried sausage stick by now.

"Listen here, sis. Jeno sent you home, did you forgot about that?" Hyejin locked her gaze into the coffee table until she sappily jumping up and down, leaving the brother grinning in satisfaction. She snapped her finger, quite hardly.

"So you're telling me he was the one who moved me to his car and drove me back home?" Jisung nodded, folding his arms and landed back to the couch.

Hyejin screamed an ear piercing sound—that caught the boys off guard. Seconds ago, she looked interested and hyped up, now, she looked scared and petrified. "Yo, Hyejin, it's not like you lost your V card or something." Hyunjin took the chance to bug in her ruined brain, she's a woman with lots of worries. 

"But he touched me!"

"Well, at least he sent you home straight away from the mall."

"Well—that makes sense. I should thank him."

"So that guy was one of our junior back then?" Hyunjin asked Jisung, trying so hard to reminisce his high school before entering SOPA.

"Yeah, the currently leading 'bad boy' in their school. He was nice though, but kinda cold."

Hyejin took a shower and did her self-care routine, her mind was now cleared after Jisung and Hyunjin clarified stuff for her. She sat down on her study table to re-schedule her textbooks when suddenly, something popped up in her mind making her hands stopped from touching the books.

I should thank him. No Hyejin, no. But, he was nice, well—at least I'm still fine. Thus, she decided to text him since both of them got each other's number.

"Okay how do we start? Hi Jeno—no."

She keeps on typing and deleting the text and decided to give up. Texting boys used to be so easy and smooth, better than meeting them face to face anyway.

"You know what? I should sleep. Night, world."

🏴

It's Monday, yet again. Surprisingly, Hyejin woke up with no stress and rants just like the other Monday before, great days need more improvement as we grow up, they said. She showered, decided to braid her hair and went down to have a breakfast with her brother.

"Good morning, little sister. Have a seat."

She smiled back and sat down in front of Jisung while spreading the jam on her bread. The mood was absolutely perfect, her clean makeup was done properly but seeing her brother's sorrow gaze, something nuts is about to happen.

"Sis, this maybe will ruin your day but, mom and dad wanted to meet us later."

The smiley Hyejin dropped the spoon on the plate, a sign of disagreement. She looked disappointed and sad, so that was why Jisung looked gloomy this morning—the Han should've known this better.

"But why? Why did they wanted to meet us? It's not like we are important."

"I don't know but dad called me yesterday."

"Fuck the family meeting. Do you think I really care? They didn't even look after us for almost five fucking years."

Jisung—to be frank—was also mad at their parents but family is still family. He needs to protect his sister since his parents never really checked after them, why are they some bunch of workaholic people who couldn't look after their kids? He sighed. "Hey, let's go to school shall we?"

She nodded, a sign of cooling down her own temper and straight away went to their car.

Arriving at the school, Hyejin ran to her best friends hoping to tell them everything as she felt moody and really demotivated, how can parents act that way to their kids? Soojin and Yeri knew her story since they were the longest with Hyejin, ever since they were very young and innocent. Yeonjun and Taehyun could only felt sorry for her, it must be bad for Hyejin and Jisung.

"Jinnie, how about we hang out later? Let's un-stress our mind and have some chit chats since we are apart in the class." Soojin suggested, hugging her left arm tightly.

"Oh, sounds good. Join us, Hyejin!"

Hyejin nodded and smiled happily, just let it all pass and better unwind our mind in order to live tomorrow. "Why not bringing Yeonnie and Taehyun too? Sounds lit, aight?"

They all cheered and found their seats, sadly knowing they all would have very minimal interactions. Soojin seems very good with Shuhua, Yeri and Wooseok were cute—she guessed and the strict duo, they really matched each other very well. Yeonjun, the class president and Taehyun, the nerd—lowkey hot—student.

That morning, Hyejin was greeted by Renjun and the others. "Morning, Hyejin! How's your morning so far?" The greeted one sighed, though the smile plastered on her flawless face.

"Fine, Renjun, kinda." Renjun sensed something wasn't right about her.

"Hyejin, you may not trust me but, you can tell me everything you feel like letting it go."
She just nodded as a response and turned to her back. Haechan who was playing with his phone, noticed the girl looking all anxious and guilty.

"Hi, Hye. What's good, huh?"

"Nothing. I just realized that Jeno wasn't here. Where is he?"

Haechan's head shot up, looking around the classroom since his friend wasn't seated beside Hyejin. "Probably out there finishing some business with other students." Hyejin's eyes widened, that doesn't sound good at all.

"What do you mean by business?" Haechan gave her a sign that Jeno was maybe in danger or causing a scene. Very typical Lee Jeno, it triggered her anxiety making her wanted to escape the class and find for the male she'd been looking up to right at the moment.

"And, how did you guys manage to be calm right now?"

"He told us to not follow or disturb him, or else we'll be in trouble too." Jaemin barged in the conversation. 

"Tell me where is he."

"Hyejin, are you—"

"Just tell me. I'll go."

"We don't want you to get the consequences. He's not in a good mood this morning and he'll probably hurt anyone."

"I don't care, his life is important. Tell my friends to not to worry about me. Call it weird but Jeno shouldn't get the consequences from the teachers too."

"Fine then, he's either at the rooftop or at the school's old flower garden."

"Thanks, Renjun. Now let me find him." Hyejin ran out from the classroom, making the boys and the whole class questioned her action. It confused her, was she doesn't want him to get into the troubles with the teachers, or was she actually really cares about him?

🏴