Chapter 40

Lies are everywhere.

Jeno woke up super early this Wednesday, waking up early weirded him out, he chose to get up anyway, "Weird, but okay." Shrugging it off, he went to shower and did his morning routine earlier making Doyoung looked at him, curious

"A rare footage of Jeno who woke up early. Usually, you would wake up 20 minutes before the class started." Jeno laughed as he drank his choco milk, leaving the brother checking him out.

"Stop complaining, Mr. Kim. Send me to school, I want to impress my friends and Hyejin." Doyoung shook his head and chuckled lightly.

Arriving at the school, he didn't waste his time and straightly went to his locker with a raging confidence. A lunchbox happened to appear inside his locker, talen aback, he stood there for around three minutes, staring into it.

"Eh, who gave me this?" He took it and brought it together with him all way to the class, Jeno chose to simply do not care as long as he got the food for free.

"Good morning, sunshines. It was a lovely day, ain't it?" Annoyed Renjun diverted his eyes to see Jeno in front of him, all energetic, strange—at least to him, that wasn't Lee Jeno to start the day with.

"Early, I see." Jaemin laughed, choked on his sandwich, "I can't believe this is the Lee Jeno I knew, he never comes early."

Yeri who was sitting beside Hyejin immediately moved to the other side of her friend's table, "Where's Mark?" Jeno asked as he took out his textbook.

"He said he will come late." Haechan replied, blandly. He looked very unenergetic, same goes to Yeri and Hyejin.

"What's with the mood? Are you guys just got brokenhearted or what?"

"Shut up, I miss Soojin." Yeri said, earning an arm hug from the moody Hyejin, if 'emergency business' has another synoym, it equals to Seo Soojin—the always busiest, the most complicated in family things, the one who chose to sacrifice her classes for more family things.

"Honestly, me too. She's annoying but she's just wonderful, I guess." Haechan softly blurted out something they would not believe their ears, it was almost inaudible, but it was clear enough to prove his feelings towards her. Hyejin gasped and squealed happily, turning around to face the brown haired one.

"So it is true that you are in love with Seo Soojin?"

Haechan stuttered badly upon hearing Hyejin's accusation. "It's not like that—I mean—yeah I do like her."

Jaemin smacked Haechan's arm teasingly.

"Just be straight-forwarded, she likes that type of guy, he must be confident in order to steal her heart or good bye, my friend."

Haechan cleared his dry throat and drank his water. Already felt challenged, a perfectionist girl wouldn't want just some random guy to drop unclear hints because Soojin is Soojin, she would dump them right away.

"Pray for me on that day, if we start to date I'm going to treat all of you."

"Yo kiddos, what's good?" Yeonjun came with his new glasses.