Chapter 14

I just need a hug.

After the family meeting, Hyejin decided to do a sleepover with Soojin and Yeri since Jisung went to the company to have a meeting with the CEO, and the other trainees. Hyejin knew her brother will be super late like before, it's just another trainee things to face everyday.

"Can I tell you guys something?" Yeri asked them, breaking the silence.

"Go ahead, Yeri." Soojin shot her motherly smile towards the nervous Yeri. Soojin's figure never failed to soothe evey single of her friends, even when they are facing something deadly, she'd still be a 'mother' to watch over them.

"I dated Wooseok."

And, all of the girls were screeching like crazy.  They sensed something fishy between both of them, since the first day being the partner for the big assignment.

"Oh my God, Kim Yerim, that Wooseok, your partner? I thought you liked Soobin—"

"Chill guys, anyway, he asked me out this weekend and um, I'm actually super nervous." Soojin laughed while Hyejin smacked her thighs repeatedly. This was obviously unusual for the bold Yeri, maybe this happened due to being single all the time.

"It's okay, we'll help you my baby, right Hyejin?" Hyejin nodded and they all group hugged.

"I'll go and take some snack, Soojin you can order any junk food and you, Yeri please pick a movie on Netflix."

"It's a girls' night!" The girls were screaming and started to do their tasks as what Hyejin told them to. After picking a movie and arranging all the food, they warmed up in a blanket while watching The Kissing Booth 2.

One hour passed, they were done snacking and still on the bed when suddenly Hyejin's phone rang. She almost turned off her phone but as soon as she saw the contact shown, she picked up the call right away because he is now, too, important to her.

"Hello Jeno?"

"Hyejin, you're at your house right? Can I come?"

His voice sounded very shaky, she thought. Curiosity killed the cat, though, she was afraid of his frail state at the moment.

"But I'm with the girls right now, are you okay with that?"

"I'm okay but will they be okay?"

"Just come here, oh my God, where are you right now?"

"I'm at my house... I hate it here. The boys are at their houses too, but, they probably are happy. Don't wanna disturb none of them though."

"It's okay, Jeno. Just come here."

With that, he ended the call.

"Girls, Jeno will come in a few minutes. He sounded very scared, I pity him." Soojin's eyes shot open. Hyejin's eyes told everything, Soojin knew she was actually care for him, it never bother their friendship at all.

"Let him be, I bet he's comfy with you so why not?"

Hyejin lost at words, she never really care about him except for anything related to school. But, his shaky voice made her very sad and also weak—she once felt that.

"Jinnie, Yeri's already sleeping. I'll accompany her here while you go and have a talk with him." Hyejin nodded and went down after making sure Yeri is comfortable to sleep on her bed.

The doorbell rang, Hyejin's feet lead her to the door and opened it, revealing Jeno—the different Jeno, just not the usual one. He looked really tired and so done with everything, unlike the other times, his eyes now looking really empty and sad.

"Hyejin..." He suddenly hugged Hyejin very tightly. Hyejin froze, professionalism helped her managing herself to pat his back.

"I'm sorry if it's so sudden but, I need someone's hug... your name popped in my mind so I come here."

"It's okay to cry... just let it all out okay?" He nodded and buried his head in the crook of her neck.

"Now let's sit, aight? I'll make you a hot chocolate."

Hyejin finally breathed out heavily. She was flustered, obvious pink tint was covering her cheeks and the scene where his head was deep inside her exposed neck made the one giggled.

Shaking off her thought, she started to make a hot choco drink. She usually did this for Jisung whenever he's sad, thus, this kind if scene was usual for her—except for in this case, it was Lee Jeno, the one who had been in her mind recently.

"Here." She handed the pink mug.

"Cute."

She chuckled. "It's mine, childish, I know but I love it."

"No, it's cute, just like you." He sipped the drink slowly. Hyejin gasped and blushed in the dark. "Oh, you sweet talker," 

"Now tell me, why are you here? Like, what is your problem actually?"

"Actually, I'm not ready but I just need a hug. I don't want to disturb the boys since they all are spending their time with their families so well. But, I really need someone."

She just hummed and patted his back softly. He silently melted into the soft touch of hers, it was really tender. "Just tell me whenever you're ready, I'm your partner anyway."

Finally, a very big and sincere smile appeared on Jeno's face. The one that makes everyone's heart melted, whenever it accidentally shown to the school, twice if he wasn't mistaken. He looked similar to a Samoyed dog, she cooed in excitement.

"Oh my God Jeno, it's your first smile I've ever seen!"

He laughed, making his eyes turned into a crescent moon shaped. He had stars in his puffy eyes and not going to lie, Hyejin fell for that, she lost her words totally. Jeno flicked her forehead making her snapped back to reality.

"Ouch! Yah, you brat—"

"Next time stop staring at me like that."
He then snuggled into Hyejin's arms, Hyejin was still not used to it.

"Now, sing."

"What? no—I mean, I can't."

Jeno laughed. "Just sing okay, I'm not going to laugh, really."

"Fine then, get ready to throw up."

BOA - Only One

Jeno was in awe, Hyejin's voice was like a honey. Sweet but mysterious. Upon hearing her sweet voice, Jeno was completely lost himself in the song.

Hyejin then opened her eyes. Jeno was already sleeping peacefully in her arm. She removed the hair strands from his eyes and unknowingly tracing her finger on his beautifully created face.

Good night, Lee Jeno. Dream of a good thing, will you?

And with that, Hyejin and Jeno fell asleep in each other's arms.

🏴