Chapter 38

Selfish.

It had been six days since Hyejin gave Jeno a silent treatment. She just felt not like it, she just wanted some time alone. Too much on thinking ate her up, also, she wanted to avoid the devil who was able to get through in their relationship.

"Jin, you finished?" Renjun asked, he peeked on Hyejin's art on the white canvas. She looked so lost as she tried to blend the color together with harmony.

"I, I don't know." Big sigh escaped her mouth.

"Our art really shows our emotion well. No one will realize what's been roaming around our mind till we express it as a deadly beautiful art."

"Jun, don't you think I'm overreacting?" Hyejin put down the brush as she caught a glimpse of Renjun's eyes. Doing art while having too much things in mind are such a good combination, but the aftermath could be so worse too.

"For me, it's a no since he's yours. You have a right on him, not Migyung." Renjun said as he helped her to clean up all the mess.

"Let's eat, I'm kinda hungry and you should, too. We hadn't eaten since five hours ago." Renjun checked on his phone, they were too immersed on the art activity for a day.

"Alright. McDonalds, here we go." Hyejin took Renjun's hand as they walked out of the art studio.

🏴

Jeno was resting at the rooftop, trying to clear his mind. He hummed to several songs as he slowly drowned into the mood, missing Hyejin. Tell him he was being dramatic, when she was the only place he felt safe with after his friends and his brother.

"You've been so cold, I'm sorry, my love."

Silently, a tear rolled down on his cheeks. He bit his lips holding his muffled whine, it pains him, he felt the pain, it was hard to take the pain away, that was the only thing that had been clouding his mind.

"I can't let this happen, I must see her." Running out from the school, he contacted Renjun asking where they were as he assumed they would be together, it would be hilarious if Hyejin chose to hang out with Haechan or Jisung, it could be a huge mess.

"Bro, where the hell are you?"

"Whoa, chill bro. We're at McDonalds."

"Oh fuck, thanks bro. I can't hold it no more."

"I understand. She hoped for you to come, so please I beg you, for your girlfriend."

"I will."

Renjun shook his head as he laughed at Jeno's reaction. Was he being a cupid now? Was he third-wheeling? No one knows, he didn't want to know either.

"Who was that?" Hyejin looked up.

"Jeno."

Hyejin just nodded, uninterested. "I wish he asked about me, but I guess luck's not on my side today."

Renjun and Hyejin quietly enjoyed their food, they shared some topics together, just as peaceful as they wanted. Suddenly, pair of big hands covered Hyejin's eyes, so sudden it caught her off guard. The smell of the cologne was familiar, the iconic Jo Malone perfume and she definitely could already guess who was the person.