Chapter 8 - After Perfect

Copyright © Butterflybunnie 2015

And never has it been known, that love knows it own depth until the hour of separation ~ Kahlil Gibran

*~ Astrids POV~*
I step outside to breath the fresh, cool morning air. It's the month of May, a new year for me. I step onto the freshly mowed grass and tread across to the letterbox. I notice a black Sudan across the street, an unrecognisable figure starring at me from inside. He notices me watching and quickly drives off. Strange... I grab out the letters and head back inside. As I'm walking by the study I notice an annoying beep... beep... I walk inside the study to find the computer on. I press the off switch and turn to leave, when the beeping starts again. The computer screen is blank, black, until words begin to appear, letter by letter across the screen...

Hello Astrid,
You may not remember me, we were friends a while back, until I paid the price for your petty actions...
I will have my revenge, don't doubt me...
Lock your house tonight, sleep with the lights on, try to stop me, you can't. I was hoping you would never wake up from that death scentence... But I suppose my luck ran out, as will yours... *CONNECTION ERROR* *CONNECTION ERROR*

The screen then goes blank, the beeping silenced. I step back, scared and confused by the message. Just when I thought everything was perfect... Hiccup steps into the study from behind me, I jump at his entrance. "Hey Babe, whatcha up to?" He says playfully.
I smile, trying to hide the horror that plays in my mind "Someone left the computer on - aha - It was probably Val, you know how she is with her face book" I lie.
Hiccup nods "Breakky?" He asks.
I nod "Pancakes?".
He smiles at me "Sure thang M'lady" he bows jokingly.
I laugh and slap him playfully as I head out. Aylia and Sam walk down the stairs, engrossed in conversation, I smile and greet them. "Morning kids" I say.
They both smile "Hi Mum, were just going to the beach" says Aylia.
"Ok, be careful" I reply.
Aylia rolls her eyes "I'm 17 Mum, and Sams a previous life-guard".
Sam smiles "We'll be good Astrid".
My eyes flash at the young sick boy I once knew, cancer spreading throughout his body. I nod them off and start folding the washing. My mind travels to Elsa and My conversation last night...

"How's Sam going? On the phone you said the cancer was... Getting worse" I ask.
Elsa nods "It's not looking so good, they didn't expect him to live past 8, but he's 17... I'm just hoping he makes it" she sighs.
I squeeze her hand "Like I said, 15 years ago at the hospital, when Sam was first diagnosed, he's a fighter, he'll keep on fighting until the end" I reply.
She smiles and me and takes a large gulp of her Champagne.

I finish folding the clothes and take the washing upstairs. Elsa and Jack went out for an early morning walk, Hiccup went to the shops for pancake mix, Sam and Aylia are out, Val, Ash and Dani are asleep upstairs, the house is very empty. Suddenly there's three sharp knocks at the door. I hurry downstairs to open it. I stand face to face with someone I never expected, Snotlout. I attempt a smile but it turns out as a confused look. He stares at me and smirks "Hello Astrid".
Something familiar about the way he talks lingers in my mind. "Snotlout?" I say.
He smiles "Your finally awake".
"Who told you?" I say bitterly.
"Tut tut, no need to get frisky" he snaps, leaning lazily against the door frame.
"Hiccup will be home soon, he won't like you being here" I say nervously.
I peer down the street, hoping to see his car, or Jack and Elsa, or Lia and Sam, praying that the kids will wake up, but nothing... I attempt to shut the door but Snotlout grabs my arm "Lucks run out sweetheart" he sneers.
Then it clicks, he sent the message, he's out to get me... I feel a sharp pain in my head and I turn, only to see the China Vase crumbling onto the ground. Black dots cloud my vision and my last vision is Snotlouts sneering face...

*~ Hiccups POV ~*
I drive slowly down our street again, back with the pancake mix. As I turn into our driveway I notice the front doors left open. A feeling is suspicion sweeps over me. Astrid's never been careless like this... I shake it off and step out of the car, making my way over to the front door. The sight of the house shakes me up. The door is wide open, the expensive China Vase is smashed on the floor, pieces laced with sticky red substance, blood. "ASTRID? VALKYRIE?" I yell.
"Ash!" I yell again.
Asher, Valkyrie and Dani come sprinting down the stairs, concerned looks crossing their faces. "Where's your Mother?" I ask quickly.
Asher shakes his head "I don't know, we were just talking upstairs".
I search the rest of the house, no sign of Astrid, but a note is left on the bench.
'Thanks Ol'Friend, Astrid finally warmed up, you must've talked me up, aye'
Only one person would ever want Astrid, Snotlout... I hurry out of the house, yelling to the kids as I go "Stay in the house, lock the door, only open it for Jack! Elsa, Sam or Lia".
They nod and close the door. I jump into the car, anger working it's way through me. I'm going to find him... And I'm going to kill him...

Heyo!
So I might not update for a while, I'm visiting my Grandma in another state! OH MY GOODNESS... Her chicken noodle soup is to DIE FOR! :D
Anyways, OMG DRAMA... sorry to do it to ya :P
All will be resolved in the Haddock Family House soon!
Love you noodles!
Xoxo Butterflybunnie 💟

{ You and Astrid stand at the top of the waterfall. Astrid grabs you suddenly by the arms and hangs you over the edge. "NO... No I'll jump on my own accord!" You exclaim.
Astrid giggles "Vote and Comment... or down you go" she says.
Will you be pushed? Or Na? You Decide... }