Chapter 10 - Dont Go

It's been a month since the hospital admission and 19 days since Hiccups awakening. I've started getting a baby-bump now. I haven't told Hiccup that it's his, but he obviously knows. I haven't seem him in 3 days due to baby tests, and it's been hell. I trudge over to CC12 and find Hiccup watching 'Friends' on TV. He looks worse today for some reason. He smiles as I walk in.

"Friends?" I say.

"Yeah, I'm just drawn to it" he sounds tired and croaky.

"It use to be your favourite sitcom" I say smiling.

"You think I'll start to remember?" He asks.

"I think so" I smile. "You look like crap, what's wrong?"

He laughs "Just a little nausea" he says "Your...blooming" he replies.

"You noticed?" I say "It's only little"

"I see you every day, of course I notice, how's tests go?" He shuffles over.

I sit on the bed and face him. "Due to the knock-around, they think...that it's going to have some kind of disorder, but I can live with that"

He places a hand on my stomach "It'll be beautiful no matter what".

I see him lurch and I jerk back just as he vomits all over the bed. I grab the bucket from underneath the bed and hold it under his mouth. He starts coughing/vomiting and then red. Blood begins to seep out of his mouth. I reach for the buzzer but he grabs my hand.

"Don't make them take me from you" he please.

I stare at him "Hiccup this is serious you need care!" I say.

"They'll take me into emergency, you won't be able to see me, please Astrid" his eyes glisten at me. I sigh and take my hand from the buzzer. After I clean him up I change his bed sheets. It's late when I finish and I draw his curtains as he falls asleep. I turn to go but he stops me. "Stay tonight...please" he says.

I turn and lay beside him "Yeah"

He rests his head on my shoulder "Thankyou for this" he says. "You've made the last moments magical".

"Hiccup, your going to get through this, don't doubt yourself, your not dying" I grab his hand.

"I hope so Astrid" he turns his head to me.

"I just got you back...I'll kill you if you die on me Hiccup Horrendous Haddock"

He chuckles "Goodnight dreamgirl"

"Goodnight Hiccup"

******|******|******|******

I awaken to a beep, beep, beep. It's still dark and I snap my head up. His heart monitor is low. I see blood dripping from his mouth. "Hiccup?...Hiccup!" I say. I check his pulse, it's slow and feint. The beeping gets faster. "NURSE! NURSE!" I scream, tears welling up. The lights flick on and a nurse burst through, she sees the scene and instantly begins pressing the buzzer multiple times. I step back and doctors rush trough. "HELP HIM!" I scream.

One doctor carries a defibrillator he places the shockers on Hiccups chest as another doctor inserts a syringe in his arm.

"160?" The doctor with the defibrillator shouts, it's Chivago.

Dr. Sanders nods and steps back. "CLEAR!" shouts Chivago, she shocks him but the monitor stays low. They begin the CPR and Sanders sees me. He points to a male nurse "Get her outa here!" He yells.

The nurse takes my arm. "NO!" I scream struggling against him. "NO I HAVE TO MAKE SURE HES OK!" The nurse grabs around me and begins pulling me back gently. I kick and scream at him and Sally has to assist him to get me out the door. "HICCUP!" I scream. "Please don't die, please hold on! Please Hiccup!" I say as they drag me out.

Sally seats me on the chair outside and tries to calm me. I fall onto her in absolute pain. I can't see anything from the tears. "He can't go!" I say.

She hugs me warmly "There doing everything" she says.

Then from inside there's a long, unwanted beeeeep. It pierces the air and everything goes quiet. Sally's face crumbles and she holds me close "Astrid it's going to be ok".

It takes a moment for me to register what's happening and then it hits me, he's gone...

I rip myself away from Sally and shove past the male nurse into the room. Dr. Sanders is cradling Chivago. The other nurses are just there, expressionless. Sanders sees me, but doesn't stop me. I rush to Hiccups bed. His eyes are closed and there blood trailing from his mouth. "Hiccup! HICCUP!" I scream at him.

I feel his pulse then begin doing CPR on him. "NO...NO!"

Dr. Sanders places a hand on my shoulder. "Astrid he's gone, Astrid!" He rips me off.

"No...no" I fall into him and cry.

"He had internal bleeding Astrid, there was no way" says Sander.

I walk to Hiccup and wrap my arms around him. "Thankyou for my adventure" I whisper, then kiss him gently. I step out the door. "Astrid were are you..." Sanders cuts off. I start walking down the hallway. I hear Hiccup "Astrid?" But I know it's my imagination.

I break into a run and bolt out the doors. Dr. Sanders shouts behind me "He's ****" the last words muffled. I keep running out the hospital doors and onto the street. My life is over...he's gone.

😖 I had so much trouble writing this chapter, it was really hard for me. Stay tuned for the next chapter. (My eyes watered writing this, it's funny how you get so attached to characters)

Xoxo Bunnie