28 - Similarties

My first night was restless. I tossed and turned until it finally grasped an hour of sleep. I awoke to a deafening alarm, scaring me half to death. It was followed by an individual three knocks on each door with a 'Wake Up!' shout. I was use to getting up early, so I made my bed and went to the toilet, before propping myself for the day with a look at the family photograph. My door slid open harshly and a buff, hard looking man burst in. Gun at ready he scowled at me "Get out. It's shower time" he spat.
"Shower time?" I said confusedly.
He smiled his black teeth evilly "You'gon'find out, now move!" She pushes me with the point of his gun, hard. I yelp, pretty sure that's gonna mark...
Other 'loonies' are being shoved out of there cells. The girl across from me, number 6, has her hands bound, the only one who does. Red, long hair falls around her face, hiding her features. She glances at me as we leave, flashing her perfect face and almost surreal blue eyes. I smile at her, but she just returns her eyes onto the ground. About 30 females are shuffling down the hall until we come to a door marked 'Quarantine'. The guards push us with their guns inside "Move it fuckers!" They snap.
Ariel grasps my hand in fear, I'm shocked by her sudden outburst. She seems about three years younger than me, extremely beautiful. I glance at her cuffs, she must be pretty bad, and most scared. I clutch my hand on hers "It's just a shower" I whisper, careful not to be caught by the guards.
She shakes her head furiously "No... It I-I-it burns" she whispers shakily.
My eyes widen as I realise what were going into. A Quarantine station, to rid us of any unhealthy marks, acid showers. "Wait! No I'm clean!" I shout, catching a gourds attention.
He smirks evilly at me and points the gun right between my eyes, giving me a clear view down the barrel. "Get in there bitch..." He says harshly.
I gulp, closing my eyes and breathing deep. I follow after Ariel, her expression horrified. Were pushed into a small room with shower heads on the roof. The door is locked. People stand unmoving, sweat particles dripping on their skin. "Move to the sides! Avoid the spray!" I say, pointing the obvious.
"No" Ariel clutches me "If your not wet, they make you go in again, standing right under naked" she gulps.
I glance down at our white clothes. A button up shirt and three quarter pants, oversized and dull. I squeeze Ariels hand as we hear the turning of the cogs. The wound of gushing acid rushes through the roof. The tension is so thick I feel it. The first bursts of acid spray over us. First tingling then unbearable burning washes over me. I drop to my knees screaming "FUCK!!" I scream. Ariel is beside me, shielding herself, cries coming from her mouth. I look around me momentarily. People all around are screaming, others on the floor in hysterics. Some of the elder looking women stand still, taking the pain, though their faces show max discomfort. I scream again as the acid pricks at my eyes, sizzling at my skin. Ariels arm-skin begins to sizzle away, burning to the flesh. She screams and I throw myself over her, she hides under me. What seems like a century turned out to be 15 minutes. Finally the taps turn off and people begin to recover and stand. Many are in tears, others red and burnt. Two women, one brunette and another black haired lay on the ground unmoving. Guards usher everyone out with spray guns, holding the same acid. I rush to the unconscious on the ground, checking heir pulses. "Their dead!" I scream.
A guard yells at me "Get the fuck out!".
"Their dead! Help them!" I scream.
He sprays me right in the eyes with the acid, blinding me. I scream and feel soft arms around me, pulling me up. Ariel whispers to me "Can you see? Are you ok?".
My vision regains "Their dead!" I say rubbing my eyes as tears fall.
"Were lucky we only lost two" she says solemnly.
Guards hoist out the dead over their shoulders. They open a big shoot and push them down. A few women watch as the body's fall, crying hysterically.
"Brenda and Dana" Ariel says as were walking back.
She points to a woman in tears "Danas sister Fi"
My heart sinks at the crying woman. Ariel smiles at me as were pushed back into our cells. I lay on my bed, watching as the sky outside my bared window turns dark. My dinner is delivered but I can't eat. I cry into my pillow "Hiccup... I'm so sorry".

Hello!
Please check out the song - Sam Smith: Good Thing
I think it goes well with the setting of this chapter, it's sad :(
I'm really sad writing these, but I feel like Intwined is always happy, it need sadness.
I'm having a bit of a frenzy with writing lately, let me know if I'm updating to fast! Sorry if I am, I'm feeling kind bad ATM, writing takes my mind off reality.
Love you guys!
Xoxo Butterflybunnie 💟