Chapter 16 - Clang

Hiccups pleading behind me as I walk out the door, the cold hits me. I feel the cool metal on my finger. I reach down and slip the ring off. I throw it to the floor and it lands on the wood with a clang. Hiccup starts whimpering, I walk out, slamming the door behind me. I unlock my car and place my bags in the back. The door unhitches and Hiccup stands in the doorframe. I slam the car-door an enter the front. I sit for a moment, I feel a tear fall down my cheek. I start the car and back-out. I drive down the street and turn. I know where I'm going, to Ruffs. I pull over half-way and breakdown in tears. I place my hands over my stomach. My heads spinning from the overdose and I know soon ill black out. "I'm sorry" I whisper to my baby "Forgive me" I plead. My phone buzzes, Hiccup. I continue driving to Ruffs house and pull up in the drive. Ruffs lights are on and Tuffs car is in the driveway. My tears fall down, ebony from falling by my makeup. I stop the car and grab my bags. Ruff opens the door and sees me. She smiles but then sees my tears and rushes over. "Astrid? Hun what's-" she begins, but I sway and land on the ground. The overdose kicks in.

******|******|******later at Ruffs house*

I've been awake for an hour now. After I blanked Ruff took me inside and laid me down. I told her everything and she understood. She told me about Snotlout and how she ran away from him. "He's an arse!" She finished.

I smiled at her remark and took a sip of water. Tuff came in accompanied by a woman. He had seen me earlier but left to get his girlfriend. "Feeling better Astrid?" He smiles.

"She's fine..." Says Ruff.

"I was asking HER" he replies

"Fuck off..." Ruff laughs.

He glares at here then shakes his head. "Astrid, this Is Merida, my girlfriend" he introduces her.

She's beautiful. She has a bouncing mop of copper-red hair, green eyes and pure skin. She kinda reminds me of Hiccup. "Hi" I smile.

"Hello Astrid" she smiles, she has a strong Scottish accent.

I turn back to Ruff "So you don't mind if I stay?" I ask.

"Astrid what kind of question is that? You can stay whenever you want" she pulls me into a hug.

It's not like Ruff to be this affectionate. I smile and release. I'll be here for a while....maybe forever.