24 - Hiccups Wrath

Sadness is inevitable. It's like a straight jacket, trapping you, shedding no light, no hope of escape, just pure, sinister darkness. Anger, depression, confusion, all side effects of sadness. The pain bubbling up inside you, wishing - hoping to come out. For days, months, years, that feeling is there. And you can ignore it, can exercise yourself to forget it, train yourself to live with it... but it always comes back. Then one day, you snap. Crumble, shatter, bust into one million pieces obliterating everything in your path. Spearing them, causing them a pain you never meant to cause. Wether it be on your own, or on a loved one, you will snap, like I said... it's inevitable. I just so happened to snap on the one thing I would die for. Those tears, dropping from her glistening, tiny eyes. Escaping from my grasp before I could comfort her, clutching her bear close as she burst out the door. My heart lets out a sickening twang. I begin to fall, my hand clutching the countertop before I hit the ground. I stay for a minute, catching my breath, realising what I did. My eyes are drawn to the picture on the counter. The messy yet so precious drawing. I trace the lines with my fingers, feeling how hard shed worked, how precise shed tried to be. My eyes settle on the two figures in the middle. A tall, young woman with dirty-blonde hair and sapphire eyes, myself. In her arms she holds a delicate child, almost doll like. Her green eyes beaming up at me. Poppy... I hold it close, tears falling from my eyes. Before I know it I'm running. Out the door and down the beach. I catch sight of the small figure sitting on the jetty, bear clutched in her arms. I tread over resting my hand on her forehead. I lift the sleeping child gently into my arms, knowing she must have ran out hours ago, but to me it seemed like small seconds. I carry her inside and set her down in her bed, pulling the covers tight over her. I kiss her gently before sitting in the chair beside her. Watching as Aylias small chest rises and falls with each breath she takes. I bring my hands together, clutching them together. "God, if your really there... I - I don't know if you are, I never really believed you were. The last time I did this was... was when my parents passed, I begged for you to bring them back, to help me... but nothing ever happened. So I guess I lost hope in you. But please, if you are there" I gulp "take care of Poppy, take care of Asher and Valkyrie, Aylia and Hiccup. They mean so much to me, and I have wronged them in unforgivable ways. I... know I can never make up for that, but please, they deserve to be here. More than I do, more than anyone. Poppy was torn from life, you needed her as an angel... you needed her up there but I'll never know why!" Tears stream down my face. "Her soul was too fragile for this world, she fought, to be born, she breathed the oxygen of this world. Though she had to go... Just make sure you protect her... I know Val is strong, she'll make It through. Asher; he'll be a good boy, care for his sisters. Aylia, she's so gentle. I just can't handle her 'special power' - as Hiccup calls it. She's really struggling, so take care of her for me. And Hiccup, please... please make sure he is here to take care of them all"
I feel the silent sobs rack through my body. I pull my knees to my chest, hugging myself. "A-as I may not be..."