Chapter 15 - Abuse me, loose me

That night I lay in bed, twisting my beautiful ring on my finger. Hiccup had to finish up some work so I'm here alone until 3:00am. I walk out onto the balcony and take in the air. I know why now, why something was up. Hiccups a terrible liar, so he was hiding his love, so I wouldn't find out about the proposal. I watch the waves crash and the moonlight dance along the water. I'll soon be Astrid Haddock. But I still don't feel right about the baby. I feel a sharp pain in my head. The doctors told me if I felt and wooziness to take a nurofen tablet. I begin descending the stairs and a dizziness comes over me. I trip and roll down the stairs. I bump my head multiple times but my arms protectively cover my stomach. I sprawl at the end and try to get up. I manage to stand and catch my breath, before heading into the kitchen. I open the medicine cabinet and look for the nurofen pills. My mind is racing and I can feel my body going into a panic attack. Why do I have this baby? I don't want it. I want to live my life! I tear open the lid with uneasy hands and stare at the pills. Suddenly I poor the vial into my mouth. Pills spilling on to the floor but most I feel down my throat. I hear a car pull up in the yard. I have I get these pills down. I rush to the sink and stick my head under the tap. The pills travel down my throat and I slump onto the floor in tears. Hiccup walks in and sees the pills, then me. "Astrid! What the hells?" He yells, rushing to me. He pulls me up to his level. "Vomit them out!" He yells.

"You said you'd support me through anything!" I say.

"Do you know what your doing!? This could kill the baby!" He yells, fury is the only expression on his face.

I hang my head in shame an his mouth gapes open. "You were trying to kill it..." He yells.

"You said you'd-" I begin

He interrupts "That's not your choice to make! It's my baby too!" He's screaming now.

"Maybe I wanna live my life!" I yell with all my strength.

"This is my life too! That's my baby Astrid!" He yells.

He grabs my wrists and looks at me. I push him off and try to get out of his grasp. He holds on "Were not done Astrid!" He yells.

I push him back and begin to walk away, he grabs me back. I turn an hit him on the chest. Then everything goes swirly and Hiccup raises his hand and slaps me across the face. I stand there shocked and bring my hands to my face and whimper at the pain. Hiccup instantly pauses and begins tearing up. "Astrid! Oh gods! I'm so sorry I'm so fucking stupid! I was too angry! Gods Astrid are you ok I'm so sorry!" He cries.

I walk upstairs and throw some things into a bag. He follows me "Astrid please, think about this! Don't go!" He says pleading.

I turn sharply and begin yelling "I have thought about this Hiccup! Gods, I've had three fucking months...more, in the hospital thinking about this! Don't you dare touch me ever again! This is MY baby, this is MY life, and I'll do whatever the fuck I want with it!" My voice quiets "You can live your own life now...without me".

He stares at me "Astrid I'm a fucking dick-head! You and this baby are my world! Please don't go Astrid..."

I unlatch the door and step out "Goodbye Hiccup" I whisper.