Chapter 9 - Come back Hiccup

The doctors say Hiccups improving, he may wake up soon. I've been visiting him every day for the past 3 days, since I've been allowed. I come at 9am and leave at 8pm just after dinner. Snotlouts been sentenced to 8months in prison and frankly I'm happy about it. Today I'm going to see Hiccup again, but first I'm having a test. I've been vomiting a lot more lately, my breasts have been extremely sore and I'm having to go to the toilet frequently. There's a thought dwelling at the back of my mind, I know what all these symptoms lead to, but I just don't want to believe it. After my blood test Dr.Sanders analyses it and meets me in his office.

"Astrid" he says as he enters.

"Yes?" I reply.

"When was the last time you were involved in sexual intercourse" he asks, flipping through his notepad.

Oh gods, I know where this is going. "Is true then? I'm...pregnant?" I place my head in my hands. "But we used a condom!" I say.

"A condom only has a 98% success rate, you were that 2%" says Dr. Sanders.

"I just can't..." I begin to cry.

"Astrid I'm sorry, you can always apply for an abortion" he says.

"What? No...never" I say breathing sharply. "Can I go see Hiccup?" I ask.

He stares at me "Yes Astrid" he replies and sits at his chair.

I pull my drip along with me thinking about the whole thing. I can't be pregnant, what if Hiccup doesn't wake up...I'll have to do it on my own, how will I? I'm only 19. Valka will help me, but she'll be a mess without Hiccup. I continue along to his room but when I get there the door is closed. I peak through the window and see doctors crowding around the bed. "He's gone" I say, tears welling up. But then I see it, him he's awake. Hiccup is sitting upright in his bed wriggling his fingers and toes. Butterflies form in my stomach and I smile wide. I knock on the door and Dr. Chivago opens."Hello Astrid" she says.

"He's awake?" I say hopefully.

Her expression changes to sad "He's awake but..." She pauses.

"What?" I say eager to know.

"His memory is wiped" she replies.

That's it, my world stops. Everything is gone, he doesn't remember our friendship, our love, me.

"You may see him" she says moving away.

I walk through and Chivago ushers the doctors out and leaves us. I approach Hiccup and he stares at me. "Hiccup?" I say trembling.

"Seems everyone's been calling me that" he replies "Such a peculiar name".

I smile at his humour "Do you remember me?" I ask.

"I'm afraid not, am I suppose to?" He asks sadly.

"We were...in love" I say, beginning to cry.

"I don't remember anything, everyone's telling me these things...but I dont"

I sit down beside him, parking my drip beside his bed.

"Who are you?" He asks.

"I'm Astrid, your girlfriend" I reply and then I burst out crying.

"Hey, it's ok" he grabs my hand "If you really were, im a very lucky guy" he laughs.

I laugh and smile at him.

He sighs "It's frustrating, I don't know people who I'm suppose to"

"We..don't have to be in love anymore" I say, feeling over my stomach.

"Will you help me remember?" He asks.

"I'll try Hiccup" I reply.

********|********|********|********

The next day I wake up late. Hiccup and I talked all last night. I head over straight away. He smiles when he sees me. "Morning" he says.

"Hi" I reply sitting beside him. "Do you remember anything?" I ask.

"Just yesterday" he says.

I sigh. He grabs my hand "Even if I don't remember what we had before, I'll never forget you again Astrid".

I smile and squeeze his hand. "You never told me what I did to get in here" he says.

I laugh "Do you want to know?"

He smiles "Of course".

*****|*****|*****|*****|*****

"I tackled him?" He laughs "That's why I lost my memory, over that?"

I laugh with him "You scared me half to death Hiccup".

He smiles "We must of had something quite special".

"You'll never know" I say

"Maybe one day" he says.

I check the clock "We've been talking for six hours, it's late"

"I didn't even realise, your great company" he says.

"You two, well, goodnight Hiccup"

"Goodnight dreamgirl" he replies.

I smile and walk back. 'Dreamgirl'... He'd been dreaming about me, and he's only 'known' me for a day. There was still hope to bring him back...and I will.

Get ready for the feels in the next chapter. I almost cried writing this one, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna on the next one! Thanks for the support guys,

Xoxo Bunnie 💟