25 - Erruption

I heard the door click, awakening me from my sleep. I slide up from the cold floor I'd fallen asleep on. A figure moves through the doorway as I close the nursery door. "Hiccup?" I ask.
A scowl crosses his perfect features.
"Astrid" he says bluntly.
"Uh - How was work?" I ask, trying to make friendly conversation.
"Don't pretend like you care" he replies sharply.
I nod slowly, not bothering to retaliate, because I knew myself, that what he said was true. Small sobs come from the nursery. I reach for the doorknob but Hiccup pushes my hand away. "I'll do it, just go to bed" he says.
I hold back the tears threatening to fall as I step back and up the stairs.

***Hiccups POV***
The door sways open and I shuffle inside. I see Astrid close the nursery door and look up at me. I scowl at her momentarily. "Hiccup?" She asks softly.
"Astrid" I reply harshly.
Her expression shows hurt, but she continues to speak. "Uh - How was work?" She asks, though I see through her lies.
I'm done with her freaking games... "Don't present like you care" I spit.
She mods slowly, knowing the truth. Gentle sobs come from the nursery door. Astrid reaches for it but I push her hand back. "I'll do it, just go to bed" I say.
Her face goes red, eyes watering as she steps up the stairs. I push the door open, my eyes fixing on Aylia, sitting up in bed, tears gushing down her face. I wrap my arms around her protectively, holding her close. "Mummy snapped at me... again" she says, sobs between each word.
I feel anger bubbling through me. How dare she, how dare that - bitch! "What did she say?" I ask gently.
"She told me a bad thing..." She says sadly.
"It's Ok, you can tell me what it was" I assure her.
She takes a deep breath "Mummy told me to shut up..." She says solemnly.
My anger grows stronger, like lava, steaming hot lava ready to erupt. "You sleep now OK? I'll talk to mummy about this, sleep" I say, resting her down and placing a kiss on her forehead.
She settles into a sleep, cuddling her bear close. I leave the nursery and storm up the stairs into our bedroom. "What the fuck is your problem?" I say.

***Astrids POV***
I pad up the stairs and sit on the bed. I know that cry was Aylias and I know I'm going to have to face the wrath of Hiccup. I hear voices downstairs, then the quiet click of the door. Footsteps sound up the stairs, then I'm face to face with a furious Hiccup. "What the fuck is your problem?" He snarls.
I don't speak, don't look at him. "I said, what the fuck is your problem!" He roars, grabbing my arm and yanking my up so I'm facing him.
I pull my arm away, stumbling back as I do. "Don't yell at me" I ask softly.
"I have every right in the work to yell at you Astrid!" He yells again.
"Please -" I begin, but he cuts me off.
"You can't keep doing this Astrid, do you know how much your hurting this family? We lost a daughter I know, but mourning her by screaming and pushing Aylia everyday is not OK!" He yells.
"I know what I've done wrong okay?" I say calmly.
"I don't think you do" he replies.
"You don't know me" I spit.
Hiccups fists clench at my harsh remark, then unravel at his next words "That's why I'm taking the kids tonight, I've already packed our things..." he says, gesturing to the wardrobe which has been cleared of his belongings.
I focus on him completely, seeing red whenever I look at him.
"Your not..." I say sharply.
"I; am" he says.
I launch myself at him in a pure insanity burst. He dodges to the right, a look of disbelief on his features. I snarl at him and scream as I launch myself at him again, both hands grasping for his neck. My hands wrap around his throat, forcing him back into the wardrobe, knocking the porcelain vase of it and smashing onto my head. I cry in pain as Hiccup pants heavily, before rushing down the stairs. A ringing sounds in my ears, black spots dotting my vision. No, you can't go... you have to get the kids... I hastily grasp the side of the bed, hoisting myself up. Dizziness overcomes me, but I head towards the stairs. I stop blank remembering the bat under out bed. I ease myself down on all fours, fishing for the bat under the bed. My hands wrap around it and I drag it out. My mind races with commands 'Dot Hurt Him, No, STOP!', but my body doesn't obey. I try screaming, pushing out of this sinister body, but I'm set on one thing... Kill Hiccup Haddock

Haia!
We reached 17K OH MY GOODYNEES. I'm giddy with happiness right now. I never thought I'd get this far! Thankyou all so much for this!
I just want to say the biggest Thankyou to hardcore_httyd I recently shared some really personal information that I haven't told anyone about with her, because I trust her as my best friend. I have no idea what is do without her, I love her so much! 💕
Check out her books she's also an amazing writer!
Thankyou all,
Xoxo Butterflybunnie 💟