Chapter 3 - Hiccup...Who?

Copyright ©

The best thing to hold onto in life, is each other - Audrey Hepburn

*~ Astrid's POV ~*
After the usual checks and another two days in the hospital I was relieved of my time there. I left with the few belongings I carried when I was checked in. I step outside and soak on the warm sun, tingling my skin softly. The wind gently whipped my checks and set a cool vibe throughout my body. It feels good to be alive again...
In my hand I hold a duffle-bag, my personal contents inside. I sit down on the park bench outside he hospital. A wattle tree looks over me, it's foliage spotting the light which floods down on me. I zip open the bag and pull out a pair of white clothes. Memories attack me from my horrific stay in the Asylum. I shake my head and they disappear. I place the clothes down and pull out a simple photograph. Hiccup and I stand smiling in the hospital room. In my hand I hold Poppy, Hiccup holds Valkyrie and Asher, and Aylia stands by my side. I smile at my family, running my thumb over their faces. I reach back into the bag and my hand reaches over a small, cool object. I pull out the object and in my hand lies a ring, my wedding ring. I slip the ring over my finger and feel like my old self again. Tears drip from my eyes, notifying me that I was crying. My body tingles, as now I have a sudden determination to find Hiccup, the twins and my daughter. I repack the bag and head onto the curb, signalling for a taxi. "Where too?" Asks the Taxi driver.
I think of the last place I saw Hiccup, and it clicks. "Berk Place" I say.
The Taxi driver nods and begins down the road.

{-~_~-}

After we arrive I pay the driver and step out into the park. The lush green, well-kept grass is much different from the dry, crunchy grass I once new. New trees have been planted where old, un-safe trees once grew. The playground has been replaced, with new more 'child friendly' equipment. I turn and start down the street until I get to a large, white house. The memories come back of when I lived across the street from Hiccup. The day I put my arm around his shoulder and comforted him about his father. The day I first kissed him, the day I fell in-love.
My heartbeat increases with the closer I get to the house. I knock on the door and hear footsteps down the stairs, then the door opens. To my surprise, it's not Hiccup, but a young woman, around 21, holding two children and two more hugging her sides. Her stomach protrudes a pregnant belly and a cigarette sits in her mouth. She plonks the two kids down and rudely tells the toddlers to 'piss off' before returning her attention to me. She spits out the cigarette squishing it on the lawn and pops some chewy into her mouth. "YEAH?!" She says, widening her eyes at me "What'd ya want?".
I push some hair behind my ear and force a smile across my face "I'm looking for Hiccup Haddock?" I say.
She snorts and lets out an ugly laugh "What kind of name is that!".
I furrow my brows "He lived in this house before you..." I add.
She nods "Aw yeah! Saddest guy I era met! Said his wife died or somthin, yeah he moved out bout 14 years ago" she says.
"Do you know where?" I ask politely.
"He's a City Slicker now, moved from the outskirts of Berk Place to Actual Berk!" She says, chewing loudly and annoyingly on her gum.
I grab a marker and notepad "Would you mind telling me the address? It's urgent" I ask.
She glares at me "Do I look like an information centre to you! I got children to take care of!" She screams, before slamming the door in my face. I sigh and signal another taxi to take me into Berk.

{-~_~-}

I arrive in Berk and step out of the taxi, paying the driver. I hurry down the street and find the 'LAN Café'. I hop online and search 'Hiccup Haddock'.
Many search results appear and all seem to speak of him as a 'business man'. I click on the top result and look over the page. At he bottom reads a phone number, I quickly dial it on the public phone line.

*Ring Ring... Ring Ri-*
Unknown: Hello?
Me: Uh - Hello I'm looking for Hiccup Haddock...
Unknown: *hesitates* Who is this?
Me: Well, My name is Astrid, and I'm loo-
Unknown: Wait, Astrid? *pause* M-m-mum?
Me: Asher? Is...that you?
Asher: Mum? *voice cracks with tears* Mum it's me Asher!

Haia Bubs!
Writing this made me happy ^-^
Hope y'all enjoying the story!
I love getting back into writing!!
Sorry I missed the imagines on the last two but here's one below! ⬇️
Also missed the quotes, but I hope you like this one 😊
Don't forget to PM (private message) me imagine ideas!
Love y'allz,
Xoxo ButterflyBunnie 💟

{"Happy Snoggletog!" Screams your friends.
Fishlegs, Snotlout, Ruff, Tuff, Astrid and Hiccup smile at you as they hold your presents in hand. You reach out for Astrids present but she pulls away, smiling cheekily.
"Vote and Comment first" she says.
"Aww no fair!" You wine.
"Do you want your presents or not?" She replies.
Will you receive presents? You Decide...}