30 | divulge the sins

Start from the beginning

"We had a rough idea about his plans, yes." Seraphine nodded, fidgeting in her seat.

"Yeah," Nyo trailed off. "So, I sort of refused King Eucarpus and I had come here to respectfully reject his offer but I reckon my arrival here spurred the daemons on. Perhaps, they assumed that I joined hands with him because I chose to come here when the Russian Tsars are here."

She will grow to regret her refusal.

Lysandra's frame froze as she grit her teeth, trying not to respond to the voice within her head. "Can I be excused?" she asked as Nyo muttered an apology for causing her discomfort.

"Are you unwell?"

"No, I uhm, yes. My stomach, fuck," Lysandra cursed as the creepy voice's chuckle reverberated within her head. "I feel nauseous, probably a silly stomach bug."

"Would you like me to inform mum? She can give you a potion for it," Seraphine offered, squeezing Lysandra's shoulder to make her feel a little better.

"No, don't bother aunt now. I have a pill in my art supplies bag anyways." Lysandra shot up, mumbling a quick goodbye to the African Queen whose features held uncertainty.

"Get better soon," Nyo said in a soft tone, her smile crinkling the corners of her obsidian eyes.

Lysandra was utterly petrified owing to the strange man talking to her and left the room without a word. Taking swift steps in order to get to her room as fast as possible, she looked around, foolishly searching for anyone to sprung up from behind a curtain and attack her. She was excessively paranoid but, at that moment, her heart was thudding at a rapid pace and her senses were queasy, repeatedly warned her about some impending danger.

"It has been quite a while since I saw you, princess. Busy with the royal duties, I presume?"

Lysandra jumped at the sudden voice and sucked in a shaky breath of relief when she was Avgustine walked towards her. But in a matter of seconds, her senses went overdrive as she remembered how he spoke about her the day of their betrothal. She wished she could scream to the world about how she felt and throw the ring on her finger down to the depths of tartarus. Her lack of answer to Avgustine made him clear his throat and she braced herself, crossing her arms across her chest.

"You could say that." She shrugged nonchalantly. "But, then again, you cannot completely put away the idea that I can possibly be whoring around in all of the time I've got."

She would regret this insubordination which would most probably prove to be a setback for their grand plan but, she did not care for it. She wanted to be in the comfort of her own room in her chamber that she had grown accustomed to and everyone in her path would be nothing but a hindrance she would gladly get rid of.

Do you really think your cousin Seraphine cares for you? You are just a pawn in her game, precious.

Her breathing raced and a strange chill kissed down her spine. She bit her lip and practically ran into her room once she reached her chambers. "Who are you?" she called out, clutching her head once she closed the door behind her.

Like I have mentioned before, I am your well-wisher. A guardian angel of sort.

"I don't care, you have no right. Get the fuck out of my head." Lysandra paced across the length of her room, wondering if the lack of sleep the previous night was affecting her head and letting it conjure dramatic scenarios as such.