normal girl

loosely inspired by this masterpiece

She cuddled closer into his chest. She smiled softly as his masculine scent wrapped itself around her body like a warm hug. Her porcelain legs rubbed against his hairy ones and her arms wrapped around his bare waist.

The rocker stroked her arm as he held her closely. He pulled the silky sheets up to her shoulder. He momentarily let go of her to grab his pack of cigarettes lying on the bedside table. Ringo offered her one. She rejected it and continued to stay glued onto him. He pulled out a stick for himself and lit it. Ringo rested back against the headboard and sighed as he blew out a dense cloud. The foul smell filled her nose but she didn't care. She was used to the awful smell as she had always been surrounded by smoking men.

The young woman drew circles on his chest. He inhaled his cigarette as he combed her hair. He occasionally kissed her forehead with his soft, pillowy lips.

Her heart fluttered with every kiss. He always made her feel euphoric. She was crazy for him; she never wanted to let him go.

Yet, she was hesitant about his love for her. He hid her away from the publics' eye and even from his close friends and family. It was like he was embarrassed by her. She didn't know why he would want her to be part of his life. She expected him to throw her out like all the other rockers in the past have done. She chewed her lip as she formulated a polite and stern statement.

"Ringo?" she whispered.

"Yes, Love?" he mumbled.

"Do I mean something to you?" she asked.

Her cheeks flushed and her eyes teared up. She was bracing herself to hear the worst possible answer and not be surprised when he answered so terribly. After all, why would he want her?

Ringo couldn't help but smile. He was confused by her question. Of course, she meant something to him. She was a wonderful girl and always put a show for him in bed. He couldn't think of a better partner for himself at the moment in time. She pleased him in every way possible.

"Of course, Baby. Why wouldn't ye?" he smiled. She grinned in relief. 

"I don't know. I feel like I'm not what you want," she answered.

She pulled away from his heavenly arms and watched him smoke his cigarette.

"Well, what do ye think I want?" he asked.

Ringo's eyes traveled up and down her naked body. As attractive as she looked, her behavior caught his attention. She was caving into herself; she was vulnerable. He rarely saw that side of her. His groupie had always been loud and silly and oh so pleasing. She never exposed her anxieties.

"I don't know," she spat. "But you don't want me. I wouldn't want me," she looked away. "I'm no normal girl."

The woman didn't classify herself as a normal girl when she compared herself with all the women of her age. They all were polite and quiet and submissive. They were picture perfect. Their husbands were proud of them. They were posh and educated and at home.

She was the complete opposite. She never closed her mouth and never planned anything. She began as a prostitute before becoming a groupie. She traveled with any band that would take her. Her latest taxi being the Beatles. She appealed to them, especially to the drummer. They eventually made their relationship private and intimate. She loved being with him, but she suspected he was embarrassed by her.

"And why would I want a normal girl?" he ridiculed.

"Because you want someone your fellas would be proud of!" she cried. "They know me, but if they knew about us, they wouldn't understand why you would possibly be with me! I don't make your friends proud, and I certainly don't make my father proud."

"And what do the lads have to do with this? I don't need their approval," he frowned. He was at a loss. He didn't know where she was going with her ramble. Ringo watched as her eyes watered. His face fell. He was upset to see her so blue. He put out his cigarette and sat closer to her. Ringo held her hand and rubbed circles with his thumb. "Y/N, tell what's wrong. Ye know I hate seeing ye so sad. What do ye want me to do?" he murmured.

She shrugged as she looked down at her intertwined hands.

"I don't know. I just want to be the type of girl you don't want to hide. I want to be the type of girl you take home to your mother. I want to be the opposite of me," she sighed.

She caught a quick glimpse of his reaction. His sad blue eyes were torn apart. They were sadder than she had ever seen before. And she could sense the guilt lying behind the brilliant blue eyes.

Ringo looked away as she glanced at him. He was guilty of ever making her feel that way. He had to admit, she wasn't the girl he ever planned to present to his mother, but he couldn't deny the deep affection he held for her. Yes, she was no normal girl but that's what he loved the most about her. He could scour the ends of the earth for another girl like her, but no other girl would come close to her. She wasn't what other men would want, but it was what he wanted. He felt like a fool for ever sending the wrong messages. He never wanted her to change just to please the public.

Ringo glanced back at her. Her eyes were glued to the sheets. He saw her cheeks red and her nose occasionally sniffing back her sobs. He caressed her gentle face and lifted her gaze.

"I don't want ye to be a normal girl, Love. And if I have made ye feel like that's what I want, then I apologize. Ye don't deserve to be treated like that. Ye mean a lot to me, Princess. I don't want ye to feel like that anymore. I'm sorry," he murmured. "And I have thought about how you're not really the type of girl I would present to me mum, but I know it's all bullshit. I'd be happy to present ye to her. You're what I want." She smiled.

"Really?" she whispered.

He nodded and kissed her cautiously. Ringo rested his forehead against hers.

"Ye mean the world to me, Princess," he smiled. She blushed and giggled softly. She kissed him again. Ringo smiled into their playful kiss. He pulled away. "How about I present ye to me mum next week?" he offered. Her eyes lit up.

"I'd love too," she smiled. Ringo chuckled and kissed her one last time.

"It's settled. We're seeing my mum next week."

He laid her down between the luscious sheets. He sprinkled kissed across her collarbones.

The young lady felt her worries slip away with every kiss. She was glad to know she was sufficient enough for him. She was glad he didn't want a normal girl. She was glad it was her that he so desired.

.....

I've realized that I typically write an imagine based on a song, but songs always inspire me. its my thing I guess. 😌💞 (I hope you all like the song inspired ones tho 🥺💓💓)