distant (4/4)

1969

"I'm going to miss you so much!" she sighed. Solana whined as she was suffocated by her mother's loving hug.

"Mum, please!" she exclaimed. Although she hadn't enjoyed her mother's hug, she was melancholy that her parents were leaving for a week. Solana had never been apart from her mother for so long and was already feeling sick for her. "I'm going to miss you too, Mummy," she whimpered.

Her mother kissed her forehead and pulled away. She smiled as she tucked her hair behind her ear. Y/N stroked her cheek as she reassured her daughter.

"We won't be gone for too long, okay? We'll call you and your brother every night before you go to bed, okay? Besides, you're going to have so much fun with Grandma! You'll make cookies and go to the park and play all day," she smiled. Solana only nodded and hugged her mother again.

"Don't forget to call me and Louis," she said.

"Of course not! I'm going to miss you two crawling into bed with me and Daddy," she winked.

Solana giggled and pulled away from her mother's warm embrace. She kissed her cheek before going over to her step-father to say goodbye.

"Bye, Daddy."

Ringo turned around. He smiled at the sight of his daughter. He picked her up.

"I'm gonna miss ye so much, Sully," he pouted.

"Me too," she whimpered. Tears threatened to spill.

"Oh, don't cry, Biscuit. Mummy and I won't be gone too long. And I promise ye that when we come back we'll all go on holiday together," he winked.

"Can we go to the beach for the holiday?"

"Anywhere ye want to go, I'll take ye there," he promised. She gasped.

"Can we go see the lions in the savanna like uncle Paul did?" Ringo laughed.

"Sure, Love. But what if they try to eat us?" he whispered.

"They're not going to eat us! They only eat zebras," she informed. Ringo chuckled and kissed her cheek.

"It's a deal. We'll go to the savanna, but don't tell your Mummy, okay?" he whispered.

"Why not?"

"Because I don't think she wants to go see the lions!"

"Don't be silly, Daddy! Who doesn't want to see lions?"

"Your Mummy!" Solana laughed. Ringo hugged her tightly and kissed her cheek again. "I'm going to miss ye, Solana."

"Like how much?" Ringo extended his free arm as far as he could.

"I'm going to miss ye from the moon and back!" he exclaimed. She giggled and hugged him.

"I'm going to miss you a lot too, Daddy."

"Now, you're going to a good girl for your grandma and a good big sister to Louis," he stated. She nodded. He smiled and kissed her forehead. "Mummy and I will call ye every day, okay? I love ye."

"I love ye too, Daddy."

He set her down. Solana clung to her grandma as she tried not to cry in front of her parents.

"They won't be too much to look after, will they?" Y/N asked.

"Don't worry about a thing, Dear. I can handle them," Elsie reassured her. "All you worry about is having a good honeymoon. I have everything under control here."