baby showers

The baby's sweet cries filled the room. Her father's heart ached to hear her in pain. Ringo cautiously picked up the small baby from her bouncer. He cradled her in his arms and swayed her. Her cries softened as she cuddled against the familiar chest. He chuckled and stroked her forehead.

"Why can't ye act like this with your mummy and me at night, Baby? You're always crying and crying. It breaks me heart, y'know. I don't like hearing my princess crying. It makes me want to cry too, Darling. A pretty baby like ye shouldn't cry. My little flower princess," he smiled. She would smile back and show off her little dimples. Ringo's heart fluttered as he grinned back. "Pretty darling! You're so cute." The baby would scrunch up her small face and relax all while her father kept talking to her. Ringo continued to compliment her and brought her against his face. He wrinkled his nose as he smelled her. She smelled like a mix of the hospital and chicken. "My girl needs a bath, doesn't she? Let's go get your mummy because I don't know how to shower ye! I'm a useless dad, aren't I? I don't even know how to wash my smelly girl," he teased.

Ringo carried her towards the kitchen. His wife and his mother were sitting comfortably at the breakfast table with teacups intertwined in their fingers. They heard his loud footsteps and turned to face him.

Elsie grinned as she saw her baby holding his baby. She couldn't think of a better image.

"Where's my sky? Where's my color blue?" Elsie smiled.

"Tell her 'I'm right here grandma! I need a bath because I smell like a baby chick!'" Ringo imitated a high pitched girly voice.

His mother laughed and spoiled the baby with sweet words. Ringo leaned down so his mother could take a peek at the baby. Elsie tickled her cheek.

Y/N stole a glimpse at her baby. She still couldn't believe that Blue was her baby. It seemed surreal to her. Ringo glanced over at her and sent her a kiss. She giggled and blew him a kiss. He pretended like it had hit his cheek. She laughed and stood up. She looked over his shoulder to look at the baby. She grasped Blue's foot and gave a gentle wiggle.

"Does my little girl need a bath?" she cooed.

"Yes, Mummy," Ringo imitated.

She laughed and rested her head on his shoulder. She watched over her newborn. As calm as she looked right now, she knew Blue would be screaming her lungs out tonight. She could already feel the bags under her eyes and the pain it was going to be to get out of bed with little sleep. Of course, none of that mattered because Blue was her daughter and there was nothing more important to her. Her mother stroked her forehead.

"Let's go give you a bath, Muffin. Tell Daddy to take you to the bathroom," she murmured.

Ringo carried her towards their master bathroom. She stayed behind and faced Elsie. She had no knowledge of how to bathe a baby and was embarrassed to ask for help but knew she needed it.

"Elsie, could you possibly help me wash Blue? I don't have the slightest idea on how to," she admitted. Elise laughed. Her daughter-in-law blushed.

"I'd love to, Dear," she smiled. Y/N relaxed and smiled. She thanked her. "Set out some clean clothes for her and grab a towel. I'll be up in a moment," she instructed.

Y/N nodded and sauntered to the nursery. She got everything that would be needed and set it on her bed. She carried a soft towel and a couple of thin blankets into the bathroom. Ringo and Blue were patiently waiting for her arrival.

He smiled when she saw her. Every time she walked into a room, he was in awe of her. He had found stronger respect and admiration for her. She had carried his daughter for nine months and had given birth to her and still looked like the beautiful lady he had fallen in love years ago. Ringo didn't understand how she and any other mother was able to endure so much. He was nothing but amazed by women, especially by his own woman.