pretty when i cry

you already know

"Please! Don't go!" she cried. 

The man huffed and stared down at her. The woman was strewn across the floor. Rivers ran down her cheeks. 

"Tell me one reason I should stay with ye," he sneered. Her eyes widened. 

She didn't know what to say. She had already given him hundreds of reasons for him to stay, yet he tossed all of them away. She looked down at her hands. Tears continued to run down her cheeks with some occasionally running down to her lips. She tasted the distress in her tears. The woman looked back up at him with her red, watery eyes.

"I'm pretty when I cry," she whispered.

"What?"

"I'm pretty when I cry," she stated. He scoffed.

"Ye think I want to stay with ye because you're pretty when ye cry?" he cackled. 

His cruel laughs pierced her heart. She continued to cry for him. He studied her as she whimpered. Mascara stained her red cheeks, and her lipstick was rubbed across her skin. Her chest rose with every quick breath. Her eyes had lost their natural happiness and were possessed with the color blue. Her lashes were wet with her tears. Her tears shined in the light. She wore melancholy like a crown and made it look so good. He realized she wasn't wrong about her statement. She was pretty when she cried. Yet, it didn't urge him to stay. He didn't need her anymore. All the times he said that she was his girl didn't mean anything to him anymore. He didn't care if she claimed that all the stars shined for him, he didn't need her anymore. 

"Please don't leave again," she murmured. "I'm stronger than all the men before you, but you."

"Goodbye, sad girl," he ridiculed. 

She gasped as she watched him go to the door. She stood up and ran after him. She held onto his sleeve and pulled him back.

"Stay! Please stay!" she begged. 

He spared her a nasty glance before pulling out of her weak embrace. He continued to be unbothered as he walked out.

She sobbed for him as she crashed down against the floor. She felt as if she was suffocating. Nothing but his return would heal her wound. 

He wasn't coming back again. 

Tears continued to flood her eyes and wet her cheeks. She called out his name over and over again and pleaded for forgiveness. 

She felt empty. 

She felt robbed of everything she had. 

All she had were their broken memories. 

....

honestly, I'm living for short imagines. how do you like them?

(if I keep going them I promise that all of them will be so sad) 😞