earrings

Ringo's throat went dry. Taking the baby seat out of the car made him question whether piercing the baby's ears was a good idea. Seeing his daughter peacefully sleeping in the seat made his heart ache. He didn't want to hurt her. Y/N lay her hand on his bicep. She sensed his tension.

"Ringo, are you okay?" she murmured. He glanced over at her.

"Are ye sure this is a good idea?" he winced. 

Her lips formed a sympathetic smile. She stroked his clothed arm.

"She'll be okay. It's very quick. And if she cries, she has her daddy to calm her down," she reassured him. Ringo was still hesitant.

"Y'know, we can just pierce her ears when she's older," he suggested.

"Ringo, she'll be fine. I had my ears pierced at her age too. My mom said I barely cried when mine was pierced."

"But doesn't it hurt?"

Ringo was still concerned for his daughter. He didn't want to hurt her even if it was a quick ear piercing.

"It's a simple pinch. Nothing more than that," she said.

She was ready to turn back around and go home. Her boyfriend's feelings were beginning to crawl under her skin. She was nervous to pierce the baby's ears more than she was before. She knew everything would turn out fine, but she couldn't help but worry. Carmen was her daughter after all.

His frown turned into a smile. He knew what he wanted to do.

"How about I pierce my ears with her?" he suggested. She raised an eyebrow.

"Are you sure, Ringo? If you're not comfortable with Carmen getting her ears pierced, we won't do it. You don't need to get your ears pierced with her."

"No, no. I want to. I want to do it with her. We'll get matching earrings too," he smirked. 

She giggled as she imagined the two wearing identical small gold earrings. She was curious to see them matching. She thought it would be unbelievably cute.

"Okay," she agreed.

They walked towards the small jewelry shop. Some of the customers inside stared and pointed at them. More specifically at Ringo. The younger crowd recognized him but were too afraid to approach him. A teenage girl glared at the drummer's girlfriend. She was infuriated by the lady's luck. She desired to be in her position. Y/N caught her staring. She sent the girl a look and smirked. She felt bad for flaunting her position, but she loved watching all the girls whine about it. Their reactions made her laugh. She knew her actions would get her into trouble one day, but she didn't care. For the moment, she still wanted relish in the childish act. 

 The girl's nose twitched and she frowned. She swooned over the rocker one last time before turning away. 

Ringo was oblivious to the encounter. He was more concerned about keeping his baby safe. His fame was increasing rapidly, and he knew that was putting his girlfriend and baby at risk. He held the baby seat closer to him.

They reached the front desk. Ringo set the seat down between the two. He explained to the woman their intentions. She nodded and led them to a small station at the corner of the shop.

"Who is going first?" she asked.

"I'll go first," Ringo offered.

The woman smiled and explained to him the process. He only nodded and smiled nervously. He was anxious, to say the least. 

"Alright, which earrings would you like?"

The woman presented him with a display of the earrings they offered. Y/N looked over his shoulder and examined the jewelry. She laughed as she saw most of them were meant for girls. He laughed with her. He liked all of them and was cool with whatever ones ended up being the one.