my best friend's wedding

The two friends strolled through the garden leaving the early celebrations behind. He calmly sauntered down the lawn with his hands in his pockets while she bubbled with anxiety.

"Thank God ye were here," he broke the silence.

"Yeah," she answered monotonously.

"I was so confused," he admitted. 

Ringo knew she already knew. They knew each other like the backs of their hands. She only nodded. 

She had more important things on her mind than his wedding.

"It happens," she paused. "Got a minute?"

They glanced at each other. Ringo could see the nervousness in her eyes even with her dark sunglasses covering her fiery eyes. He was curious about what was piercing her diamond mind.

"What's up?" 

She didn't answer. She only quickened her step towards the white gazebo. They walked up the steps. The woman threw her sunglasses aside. The man slowly turned to face her. Ringo curiously studied her. He had never seen her like this before. She was unbelievably anxious. Her body language and her expressions proved that.

"I'll have to say this quick, or I'm just gonna have this massive coronary, and then you'll never hear it and you have to." Ringo smiled humorously. He was confused. He always knew what was to come from her, but she was stumping him. He didn't understand what could be troubling her so much. "This is, by far, the dumbest thing I've ever done in my entire life. Uh, so dumb, in fact, that I can't." Her eyes were glued to the ground. She didn't know how she would be able to confess everything to him in a matter of seconds. "Oh, but I'm gonna."

"What's wrong?" he murmured. 

He was amused yet concerned for her. 

The woman took a deep breath and forced herself to look at him. Her eyes glistened with vulnerability. 

"Richard..." she hesitated. "I love you," she smiled nervously. Ringo's kind-hearted smile faded as shock rang through his body. "I've loved you for nine years," she confessed. "I've just been too arrogant and scared to realize it, and, well, now, I'm just scared, so..." her voice trembled with each word. Her emotions were shining through. She wanted to tell him every little thing. "I realize this comes at a very inopportune time, but I really have this gigantic favor to ask of you," she pleaded. Ringo looked away. He didn't know if he could handle anything else that came out of her thin lips. His breaths became shaky. He was beginning to overthink every single moment they had shared in the past and how he wasn't the only one in love with the other. Her confession was ripping him apart. He looked back up at her with doubt written across his face. "Choose me," she begged. "Marry me. Let me make you happy," she grinned. Having her emotions off her chest for once gave her a sense of freedom. Like if she could finally breathe again after so many years of hiding it. But it didn't change the fact that she was petrified on what he was going to say. She believed she didn't deserve his love as she had rejected him for the last nine years all to keep her ego alive. Yet, she hoped that somewhere in his heart his feelings were still true for her and were willing to take her in. "That sounds like three favors, doesn't it?" she giggled nervously. Ringo just gaped at her. He couldn't absorb anything but the purity of her words and her honest expressions. Her eyes drifted down to his lips. She knew her words weren't enough. She also needed to show him her love in a more physical manner. "But..." The woman closed her eyes as she pressed her lips against his. Her arms tangled around his frame. She kissed him with all the love she could possibly muster for him. Ringo was frozen when she kissed him. He had forgotten how satisfying it was to kiss her. Nobody kissed him the way she kissed him. It was almost a surreal experience. His eyes slowly closed and his arms settled on her soft cheeks. His thumbs rubbed her porcelain skin and kissed her back gently. His rings burned her hot cheeks. She slowly pulled away. Her quick breaths breezed by his chin. Her cheeks were crimson and her eyes shimmered with excitement. She prayed for him to give her a chance. "Choose me," she whispered.