distant (3/4)

She groaned as a headache began to pull her out of her sleep. She hid under the luscious blankets hoping they would nurse her back to sleep. The headache raged on. Y/N sighed and sat up. She rubbed her eyes as she yawned. All that alcohol didn't seem worth it anymore after receiving a terrible headache in exchange. She jumped as she saw another figure next to her. She covered her mouth to avoid making any noise. It wasn't that she was surprised that she had slept with someone, but it was the fact that she woke up next to him yet again. The woman pulled her sheet over her naked chest and pushed herself as far away from him as possible. Her mind was racing. How had she arrived on his bed? Where was her daughter? Her eyes flickered over to the door. She glanced back down at the man. He seemed as if he could sleep through an earthquake. Y/N quietly slipped out of the bed with one of the silk sheets tied around her. She disappeared out of the bedroom and tiptoed to the guest room. She was petrified as she didn't see her baby in the room. She was ready to call for help when the memories from the night before began to flood her mind. The woman let out a sigh of relief. Solana was currently with the Lennons. She glanced up at the clock and realized it wasn't dreadfully early to call them and check up on her daughter.

The hungover man groaned as the sunlight rested on his pale face. He turned his back to the sun and tried to fall back asleep but his raging headache didn't allow him. Ringo didn't recall drinking so much the night before. He didn't recall much of the night before in general. He did remember having a warm body against his. Or did he hallucinate? Ringo searched the room for someone else and was saddened to find his room empty. Even if he had a one night stand, he would have enjoyed the company of the woman.

She sauntered back up to the bedroom with the sheet still wrapped around her body and a cup of water and a box of pills in her free hand. She planned to drop off the pills and water before slipping out again and leaving. Her mind was going a mile a minute as the memories of last night flooded her.
She just couldn't find herself to face him.

Ringo's eyes flickered up to the door as he saw a figure come in. He smiled as he realized who it was and sat up. The sheets fell to his lap.

"Morning, Love," he murmured. She gasped and almost dropped the glass. Her eyes met his.

"Good morning, Richard," she replied. "I thought you may have had a headache too and brought you some Tylenol," she whispered. She clutched the silk sheet closer onto her body. She felt exposed to him even with the sheet covering everything and even falling to her feet.

"Thanks, Love. I hope it wasn't too troublesome finding the pills. I don't keep anything organized. I just throw it into a cabinet," he chuckled.

She simply handed him the glass and the box. The woman turned on her heel and hurried towards the door. He raised an eyebrow as he saw her slip out without another word.

Had he said something? He didn't know what was bothering her, but that was the least of his problems at the moment. He was naked and had a raging headache. His mind was elsewhere.
....

"I don't understand why you're so mad!" he exclaimed.

"What else do I have to say to get it through your thick skull?" she yelled back. She turned her back to him as she crossed her arms. She cursed herself for taking so long to get all her stuff packed. "Is that why you asked me to be your date?" she whispered.

Her lip quivered at the possibility that he was only using her for yet another midnight session. She thought that maybe their relationship would finally break through and become something more.

Now, she felt him slipping through her fingers again. This time, for good.

"Of course not! Christ, why are ye making me the villain here? Ye wanted it as much as I did!" he defended.