tattoos

"Do you think he's going to like it?" Y/N asked nervously as her eyes studied her inked skin.

She touched the red skin carefully as her eyes watered. She was starting to regret tattooing her lover's name on her chest. She was convinced he was going to hate it. A feeble whimper passed through her lips as she imagined his anger and disappointment.

"What are you talking about? He's going to love it! It shows how committed you are. Besides, it looks sexy," her friend winked. Colette squeezed her friend's shoulders.

"Are you sure? What if he hates it, Co?" Y/N whined.

She covered up her chest and sat down on her neatly made bed. She could imagine him not wanting to hold her that night in the horror of her tattoo.

"Oh, stop it. You're overreacting," Colette answered. She offered her the ice pack. Y/N took it and placed it against her aching chest. "It's pretty, it's intimate, and it's sexy. Ringo's going to love it," she stated. "Besides, if he doesn't like it, there's nothing you can do. It's on there for the rest of your life," she snickered. Y/N's eyes widened. She smacked her friend's shoulder playfully.

"Don't remind me!" she whined. Colette only giggled.

"But in all seriousness, I know he's going to love it. Maybe he'll get one too," she wiggled her eyebrows. Y/N laughed. "Where do you think he'd get his?"

"I don't know. Maybe his shoulder. Or his bicep that would be really hot," she admitted.

"I can already imagine it. Your name in a big red heart wrapped with thorns. If the media saw that, they'd have a field day," she giggled.

"He would look like a bad boy," she swooned. "Like his teddy boy self all those years ago."

Y/N remembered their innocent days when they were too nervous to give each a subtle kiss on the cheek and blushed ferociously whenever they felt their hands brush against the others. Now, the couple lived happily side by side and were not afraid to get touchy with one another. Y/N had lost count of how many times he had gripped her bottom.

"Well, I'm off. Carson's due home soon and I never made dinner," she sighed.

Y/N guided her to the door and waved her goodbye. Colette yelled some encouraging words before speeding off.

Y/N took a deep breath and busied herself with little things to do around the house. She took constant breaks because of the pain of her freshly inked skin. She would always look down at it in hopes it might have disappeared. She was beginning to believe it was foolish of her by getting a tattoo so out of the blue. Her finger delicately traced the name written above her heart. The dainty tattoo spelled 'Ritchie' across her skin in black ink. The name was written in cursive and wasn't overwhelmingly large. The tattoo laid nicely across her rising chest and demonstrated her deep affection for her man. It would prove difficult to hide, but she didn't care. She was simply showing who she belonged to and how much he meant to her in a more physical manner.

Y/N pulled her shirt back up and returned to her duties. All she could do now was sit and wait for him to get home. And brace herself for his reaction.

....

"Baby, I'm home!" Ringo called out. He closed the door behind him and threw his coat into the closet. Y/N gasped and quickly zipped up her dress. She made sure her tattoo was hidden away before leaving the room. She gulped as she wobbled down the stairs. Y/N could feel her head ache with anxiety and her hands clam up. "Baby? Are ye home?" Ringo exclaimed. He never got an answer and wasn't greeted with the eager hugs and kisses.

"I'm here," she answered. He looked up at the staircase and smiled. He watched as she slowly descended down the stairs. Y/N reached the bottom of the stairs and approached him. "Hi, Ritchie," she smiled. She planted a soft kiss on his cheek and grasped his bicep.