delicate love

Ringo carried the toddler to his bed. His son slept on his shoulder with his arm around his neck. His mouth hung open, and he drooled over his father's shoulder. Ringo felt his son's spit go through his shirt. He sighed and chuckled. Being a good father for his son proved to be one of the hardest jobs in the world, but he wouldn't change it for anything. He had everything he ever needed.

Ringo laid his son on the tiny bed. The chubby toddler whined and rubbed his face. He opened his eyes.

"No, no!" his father whispered. He cooed him back to sleep. Ringo stroked his hair as the baby drifted back to sleep. He snuffled and retired down onto the cool pillow. Ringo brought the sheets up to his chin. He smiled and kissed the toddler's forehead. "Goodnight, Ritchie. See ye in the morning, Sunny. I love ye," he murmured.

He saw a quick smile adorn his son's face. Ringo giggled. He watched over him.

His son was a perfect carbon copy of him. He carried all of his features other than his eyes. The heavenly eyes lacked the ocean luster but held the warm color of his mother's eyes. Ringo was overjoyed for that. He saw his reflection in his son but he saw his wife's spirit in his eyes. 

He kissed his forehead one last time before letting the child sleep. The sleepy father closed the door behind him and stumbled down the stairs.

The gentle woman laid back in the lawn chair with a cigarette dancing between her fingers. She brought the stick to her lips and took a long puff. She closed her eyes as she blew the smoke towards the distant moon. Y/N dragged her fingers back towards her mouth. Her lips parted for the cigarette. Instead, she had the stick taken out of her hand and a sideways kiss on her soft lips. She smiled and opened her eyes.

"That's mine," she said.

She didn't care if she got the cigarette back. It wasn't good for her to smoke anyways.

"A pretty woman like ye shouldn't smoke. Ye should put your lips on mine rather than on this."

He took a drag out of the nicotine. Ringo sighed out a cloud. He dropped the cigarette and smashed its burning tip.

"Well, my lips can't be on you all the time. I wouldn't be able to live if I couldn't kiss my baby's cheek," she smiled.

She thought about her son and her undying love for him. She wanted to hold him tight in her arms and give him kisses as he tried to wrestle himself away from her embrace and play with his toys again.

"I think Junior can do without your kisses. I need them to survive. They're my oxygen," he smiled. Ringo stole another kiss. She giggled and grabbed his collar. She smashed a hard kiss on his familiar lips. His body levitated over hers. His hands grasped her soft hair. His nose rubbed up against her cheek. She giggled at the familiar sensation and gently pushed him away. Ringo pretended to suffocate. His hands grabbed onto his neck as he asked for her touch. "I can't breathe," he wheezed. "Must get kisses to survive." She laughed at his Shakespearean-like play. Ringo stuck out his tongue and fell on top of her. She gasped and cradled his face. He had 'fainted.' He opened an eye. "Only a kiss on the lips from a pretty lady will save this poor drummer," he informed. He returned to his game. She smiled and brushed his hair away from his forehead. Her soft lips speckled his face with sweet kisses before landing on his plump lips. She pulled away and waited for a reaction. Ringo stayed still for a moment. In a flash, his body shot up as he gasped for air. His hand flew to his heart and his eyes fell onto the enchantress. "Ye saved me! Thank ye, Beautiful Lady!" She giggled.

"Of course, Sir. It's my duty to kiss handsome men named Ritchie," she winked. His eyes twinkled with love. His hand caressed her porcelain skin.

"How could I ever live without ye?" he whispered.

She blushed and looked away. Her eyes landed on his hand casually rubbing her thigh. She held his hand and ran her finger over his wedding ring.

"I ask myself the same thing," she smiled.

Ringo tilted her head back up and kissed her. He leaned his forehead against hers as he contemplated the love he had for her and for their son. Nobody could ever compare to them.  The young couple shared endless innocent kisses and smiles. Time had flown by as they realized how late it was.

The cool breeze was pinching their cheeks and bringing them closer together to keep warm. Ringo had his arms wrapped around her frame. His head rested on her bosom while he heard her gentle heartbeat. His hair tickled her neck. Their legs rubbed against each other to keep warm. Her arms were tightly around him as she pushed her body impossibly closer to his. Ringo reached to rest his hand on her cheek. His eyes widened as he felt how cold she was. He got off of her resulting in weak protests.

"Come on, Love. It's too cold for us out here," he cooed.

Ringo scooped her out of the chair and carried her into the cozy home. Her arms wrapped around his neck as she snuggled her face into his shoulder. He carried her to the room and sat her down on the warm bed. She didn't let go of him. She pulled him onto the bed. She positioned her body over his and admired him. Y/N was distraught by him. He captivated all her attention whenever she was him. He was like a painting she could never look away from as she kept finding new things to adore.

He chuckled as he saw her crimson cheeks. They resembled the bright shades of crimson their cheeks wore when they had just gotten together and could barely handle looking at each other. He remembered how excited he was when they confessed their feelings to each other but how nervous he was to even hold her hand. Ringo knew she deserved the world and did whatever he could to show her that. She was his idea of paradise. She brought heaven down to earth with only a smile.

Silence surrounded them but they couldn't even hear that. They were losing each other in their eyes. Their feelings for each other were unexplainable.

"I love you," she broke the silence.

"I know. I love ye too," he murmured.

....

just so we can all get in the feels 😩💓