couples tattoo

since i was young i always knew i wanted to get a tattoo when i was old enough. i just loved how the simple black ones looked on people and wanted one for myself. i had an idea of what i wanted, a moon with jewels draped off it because i love the moon, and it was just waiting for the right time.

when i finally showed jongin the picture, he seemed excited for me to get it.

"it's going to look really cute on you," he said. i grinned and thanked him with a soft kiss. i was thinking that'd be the end of the conversation but then jongin took my phone to look at the picture again.

"this is a couple's tattoo," he said.

"yeah, but it doesn't have to be," i said. "i'm not asking you to get the other one."

he studied the picture for a few more seconds then smiled gently.

"i'll get the other one," he said.

"really?" i asked. i was surprised, he'd never said anything about wanting a tattoo before.

"yeah. i like it and having a couple's tattoo with you would be cute. then the whole world will know you're mine."

the idea warmed my heart immensely and i felt very excited about the idea of getting them.

"i can't wait!"

——

our appointment day has finally arrived, about a month after we began the process, and my stomach is flipping around all over with nerves. i'm so excited to get it but i know it hurts and i'm not great with pain.

i think jongin is more nervous than me, though. his leg is bouncing up and down while we're waiting for our artist to come and get us.

"you don't have to do this, babe," i said as i put a hand on his knee.

"i want to," he says. he sounds very sure but the shaking of his hands says otherwise.

luckily before he can change his mind in any way, the tattoo artists appears with a wide grin. he doesn't look like someone who would be a tattoo artist, despite his arms being covered in them. with his big smile and big ears, he's quite baby-faced. if i wasn't dating jongin i'd probably be interested in him.

"ready?" he asks.

"yep!"

he motions for us to follow him so i take jongin's hand in mine and he takes us over to one of the chairs.

"who's first?" the artist, who introduces himself as chanyeol, asks.

"i am," i say. i look at jongin as i sit on the chair and he smiles reassuringly at me, sitting in the guest chair beside me. i give chanyeol my arm and show him where i want to have the tattoo - on the top half of my forearm. he lays the stencil that he drew down and when he pulls the paper off, makes sure that i like the placement of it. i assure him that i do so he starts to prepare the needle.

"okay, here we go," he says. "try not to clench your arm too much, okay?"

i nod and make sure to turn my head so i don't see the needle touch my arm. i make eye contact with jongin and he smiles again, eyes crinkling up prettily. he's so pretty that it distracts me from the first touch of the needle. it's actually not as painful as i was expecting so i was able to keep calm as chanyeol traced the stencil.

"you're doing very well," he compliments. "are you sure this is your first tattoo?"

i give him a distracted response but saw jongin frown a little at chanyeol, eyes squinting in a glare. i raise an eyebrow at him and when chanyeol's not looking, jongin mouths "he's flirting." i shake my head, chanyeol's just being friendly because he knows i'm nervous.

"i've never had a first-timer be so calm," chanyeol continues, oblivious to what jongin and i are doing. "not even my ex-boyfriend who..."

i stop listening then to give jongin an "i told you so" look. he just rolls his eyes and i grin triumphantly as i turn back to chanyeol.

the tattoo takes about a half hour longer and then it's finally done. chanyeol cleans it and wraps it up for me then let's me walk over to the mirror to get a good look. i immediately fall in love with it. it's even more beautiful than on the picture and i'm so happy.

"like it?" chanyeol asks.

"love it," i reply. i thank him then switch seats with jongin. he immediately holds a hand out for me so i take it and bring it up to my lips so i can kiss it.

"you'll do great, babe," i assured him, stroking over his hair a couple of times.

"she's right," chanyeol says. "you chose a good place to get it done, it doesn't hurt much here."

jongin flushes in embarrassment when chanyeol gives him a very friendly smile, which amuses me very much. seems like chanyeol's flirting with him instead of me.

his tattoo process takes less time than mine did as he's not as receptive to what chanyeol's saying. whether it was from nerves or because he was uncomfortable with chanyeol's light flirting i don't know, but eventually chanyeol gives up and finishes without talking.

when it's done, jongin checks it out in the mirror and thanks chanyeol who grins at him.

"you're welcome," he says. "let me get you all bandaged up then you can go on your way."

he wraps both of our tattoos up then leads us over to the front counter so we can pay.

"make sure that you clean the area well and don't get it wet until the ink settles," chanyeol says, handing me a booklet on cleaning while jongin is paying.

"thank you so much," i say. "they're really beautiful."

"i'm glad you like them," he says cheerily, a huge grin on his face. "if you ever want another then come back and i'll gladly do it for you."

his eyes flicker to jongin at the end which makes jongin blush again and me giggle. seeing him be so awkward at being flirted with is adorable. i know jongin is straight and loves me so i'm not worried about it at all, i actually find it endearing.

we thank chanyeol again and after he gives me his number if we have any questions, jongin and i leave. once in the car, jongin turns to me with wide eyes and i burst out laughing.

"he's so into you," i say.

"i've never... been flirted with by a man before," he says.

"how did it feel?"

"weird."

"he's cute though." jongin gives me a 'really?' look so i just shrug. "and he did a great job with the tattoos."

"yeah, that's true," he agrees.

"thank you for getting it done with me," i say.

"i'm glad i did, i really like them."

"me too. and now, the whole world will know you're mine and i'm yours."

he grins. "good, that's how it's supposed to be."

he slides his free hand into mine so i move it to lay on my thigh and run a finger over his knuckles. i have the best boyfriend.

so this ending sucks but i liked the idea and i wanted to post it anyway lol hope you liked it!