interview

my manager hands me my script so i sit down on the smallest couch and make sure i've read over everything in time for the interview. my leg is bouncing up and down like crazy, i'm so nervous for the interview to begin. after being hired with iHeartRadio, it's my first interview and of course, it's with my favourite kpop group of all time; exo. i was told their seating arrangement on the couch beside me and (un)luckily, kim jongin, my bias, was going to be sitting beside me. how was i going to survive a half an hour long interview with the love of my life next to me?

it's 20 minuets later when my boss informs me that exo have arrived and are on their way up to the room. i take some deep breaths to calm myself but i freeze up once i see the group enter the room. chanyeol's the first to walk in and i swear i forget how to breathe when my eyes land on his face. he's so much more gorgeous in real life than through a screen. he sends me a smile so i try and smile back but i know i look absolutely crazy. the other boys file in after him, jongin being last. i'm greeting the other 7 boys so i don't notice him until everyone else is sat down and he's the last one standing. i look up at him, freezing up once again because he, too, looks ethereal in person.

"hello," he says.

"h-hi," i reply, voice cracking awfully. i look down at my hands in embarassment and swear i hear him chuckle. he sits down beside me then a bunch of people run over to make sure they look ready for the camera. i discuss last minute things with my boss and as we're talking, i can feel someone's eyes on me. i turn my head to the right and see jongin watching me, a small smirk on his face. i blush madly and turn back to my boss to finish the discussion.

a few minutes later, the makeup artists finish on the group and the directors go behind their cameras.

"alright, let's start this," my boss says. i turn to face the boys and give them the calmest smile i can manage.

"before we start, i just want to say that i'm a big fan of you guys so if i'm awkward at all during this, i'm sorry," i say.

"it's okay," junmyeon says. i blush again, turning my attention to the director, nodding as a signal to start.

"okay. let's go in 3, 2, 1..."

——

the interview lasts just over 30 minutes before we're told to wrap it up. i ask the last question, what's one thing they want to do while in los angeles, then i put my script back down.

"well, that's all we have for today," i say to the camera. "i'd like to thank exo for coming for this interview today." i clap and the boys join in, making me grin. "i hope you all enjoy your stay in america and that we can another interview in the future."

they all say their 'thank you's' then the director cuts off the cameras.

"cut!" he says. i let out a deep breath and fan myself with my papers to try and calm myself down. that was probably the most stressful thing i've ever done, i don't think i actually took a breath that entire time.

my boss tells me that the boys have to go so after a quick group picture (that i ask to have sent to me), i walk over to the door to say goodbye to them as they leave. i shake their hands and thank them as they file out and when i reach jongin, i feel something slide into my hand.

"we are here for another week, let me know if you are free in that time," he says. he winks at me then rushes out to catch up with the other boys. i watch after him and once he's gone, i look at the paper in my hand, gasping when i see a phone number. well, if he wants me to call him i'm definitely not going to say no.

i hope you guys like this! this is like a dream situation for any fan lmao i wish i could interview them. thank you for reading!