promposal

jongin and i walk into the school cafeteria and sit down at our usual table with his big group of friends.

"you brought my girl!" chanyeol says, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"i'm not your girl," i say.

"yes you are," he coos. he makes kiss-y faces at me while holding my head in place so i can't move away.

"will a kiss make you happy?" i ask. he nods so i lean in and place a kiss on his cheek.

"hey, that wasn't a kiss," he whines.

"i'm not going to actually kiss you, we're not dating," i say.

"yeah, she only kisses me," jongin interrupts. he tugs me into his side and kisses my cheek, dangerously close to my mouth.

"jongin, people are staring," i say.

"because i'm hot," he says. he grins at me and i roll my eyes.

"you're ugly."

"you're ugly!"

he kisses my temple before getting up from the table.

"where are you going?" i ask.

"i need to do something really quickly, i'll be right back," he replies. he ruffles my hair then he gets up from the table and runs over to the stage and out of the back door.

"what's he doing?" i ask the boys.

"no idea," they all reply. i shrug and turn my attention to my phone instead.

about 10 minutes later, i hear jongin's voice come from the stage through a microphone.

"can i have everyone's attention please?" he asks. it takes a few seconds but soon everyone is looking at him. "(y/n), come here."

i look at the boys in confusion but get up from the table and walk towards the stage. he holds his hand out for me so i take it and let him pull me up on the stage.

"i'd like to ask you something," he says. he reaches a hand behind him and someone runs up to give him something. he moves away from me then holds up a sign so i read it.

you're not my girlfriend but you don't need to be because you're my girl friend and i love you.
go to prom with me?

i laugh and nod. "i'd love to." he grins and pulls me into a hug before dipping me and kissing my cheek.

"she said yes!" he yells. everyone cheers and crowd around us to take pictures, the other boys joining them.

once we can get away, jongin and i go back to the table and sit down, his arm wrapped around my waist this time.

"your little fan club over there hates me right now," i say. "i'm sure they were hoping that the love of their lives, kim jongin, would ask them to prom."

"ah," he says. "too bad you're the only girl i want to go to prom with."

"why?" i ask.

"because you're my best friend and i love and care for you, and i'm the only guy i trust to make this the best prom possible for you."

i grin and lift my hand to run it through his hair.

"i love you," i say.

"i know," he says before kissing my forehead. i grin at him and lay my head on his shoulder as i link my arm with his. i watch as he takes a picture of the poster he gave me and posts it on his instagram, grinning at the caption.

'kimjongin: who needs a girlfriend to take to prom when you have the most amazing best friend that you'd much rather go with ❤️'

he's the most amazing best friend.

don't really like the ending that much but this is kind of a cute idea ?? hope you guys like this and if you can, please give me a suggestion for my chanyeol imagines, i'm out of ideas 😂 thank you!