valentine

another valentine's day, another year single. i did not look forward to valentine's day any year, and that year was no different. i'd been alive for 24 years and so far had never had a boyfriend or even a date.

so when my best friend came to me and asked if she could set me up on a blind date, i agreed pretty quickly. i trusted her a lot so i knew that she wouldn't set me up with someone that would be horrible. i let her pick out my outfit and do my makeup and i was shocked when i looked at myself. i'd never seen myself look so cute and i hoped that whoever i was going on a date with would like it.

once at the restaurant, i follow the hostess to the table under my name and i'm relieved to see that my date isn't there yet. i check myself out in my phone camera to make sure i look okay and when i put it back down i see a gorgeous man standing at the front door. he's dressed in slacks and a tight burgundy turtleneck shirt with his hair swept up and black-rimmed glasses. he looks like a model. i desperately hope that he's my date but i know i shouldn't get my hopes up. i look back down at my phone but get interrupted by a cough beside me. i look up and my jaw drops slightly when i see the gorgeous boy.

"are you (y/n)?" he asks.

"yes," i say.

"hello, i'm jongin, your blind date," he says. i internally scream but keep myself calm and gesture for him to sit opposite me.

"so, (y/n), tell me about yourself," jongin says as he sits down.

"well, i'm 22, i'm doing my graduate degree in music composition and in my free time i teach at a dance studio," i said.

"you can dance?" he asks, wonder visible on his face.

"yes," i reply.

"so do i! i teach at exodus studio down the street!"

"i used to have lessons there! i began teaching there but moved on a couple of years ago."

"that's so cool that we have so much in common."

"that's probably why sejeong set us up." he smiled and i felt my heart swoon in my chest. "you're so cute." my eyes widen once i realize what i'd said but jongin's smile just widens until his eyes disappear.

"you're cute, too," he says. he looks down at his menu and i take the time to just admire him. i couldn't believe sejeong found someone so gorgeous, i felt so lucky.

we spent the dinner talking about anything and everything and by the end we've drank two entire bottles of wine. we're both a little tipsy and jongin is absolutely adorable with a light flush on his cheeks. we order a cab back to my apartment and the whole way home jongin cuddles up against my side. his hair tickles against my neck but i find that i like the feeling so i let him stay.

once back at my apartment building, he walks me up to my apartment and hangs around as i open the door.

"do you want to come in?" i ask. "i have a spare bed you can sleep on, you shouldn't go home in this state."

"sure, thank you," he says. we walk into my apartment and as soon as i close the door, he pins me against it, lifting me up and wrapping my legs around his waist.

"i've been wanting to do this all night," he whispers. he grabs my jaw gently and tilts my head up to kiss me. i groan into his mouth and let our tongues tangle in my mouth.

"bedroom," i mumble. i show him where to go and he drops me on my bed before climbing on after me.

——

he flops down on his back next to me, breathing heavily but grinning.

"that was so good," he pants.

"it was," i agree. "thank you for going on this date with me."

"i'm glad i did, i really like you," he says.

"i like you, too." he turns over on his side and cups my cheek to kiss me again. he pulls me into his arms and i lay my head on his chest, letting his calming heartbeat drift me off to sleep. i hope this continues, i definitely want to see him again.

i hope you guys liked this! sorry i haven't updated in a while, school's been busyyyyy lol