directions

i'm lost. there's no doubt about it, i have no idea where i am and how to get to where i need to be. the map i have doesn't help when i don't even know what street i'm on. i need to find and ask someone but i don't know enough korean to be able to do so. i don't know why i thought moving to korea by myself was a good idea but alas, i'm here.

i see a group of men who look around my age walk past so i call to the last one for help. he looks at me with a smile and i feel my heart stutter in my chest. he's gorgeous, probably the most attractive man i've ever seen in my life.

"uh, can you speak english?" i ask.

"a bit," he replies. at this point the whole group have stopped and are watching me.

"i, um, don't know where i am, i need to get to SM entertainment," i say.

"oh, we are going there, you can come with us," he says.

"oh, thank you so much." he smiles and motions for me to follow the group. i place my map back into my bag and begin walking after them, making sure to keep a respectful distance. the man turns to look back at me and waves me forward so i'm walking aside him instead.

"where are you from?" he asks.

"america, but i live here now," i reply.

"why do you need to go to SM?"

"i'm starting a job, i've been hired as a makeup artist for this group exo. i don't know much about them, though, i only found out about them when i applied for the job."

"did you not search them up?"

"no. i figured it would be better for me to meet them without any prior knowledge. i have listened to a couple of their songs, though, and they're good."

"well, i'm sure you'll like them." there's something in the way he says it and the smirk he wears that confuses and intrigues me. he obviously knows exo or at least something about them.

"do you work at SM?" i ask.

"i do," he replies. "all 6 of us do."

"what do you do?"

"oh, this and that. we have lots of jobs."

"must get busy."

"you have no idea."

we get to the SM building not long after so i thank the man and his friends before rushing off to find my new boss. when i find him, he explains exactly what my job will entail then i'm taken to meet exo and get to know them. i follow my boss into exo's practice room and i'm beyond confused when i see the group of men from before.

"what's going on?" i ask the man i was speaking to.

"didn't i tell you? we're exo," he says. my eyes widen as my mouth forms an 'o' shape.

"how do you know them?" my boss asks.

"they helped me find my way here," i reply.

"i guess we should introduce ourselves now, then." the man lines up him and his friends and they down saying their names.

"i'm kai/jongin," the man starts.

"chanyeol."

"sehun."

"suho/junmyeon, nice to meet you."

"baekhyun."

"and i'm chen/jongdae."

"i'm (y/n), it's nice to meet you all," i say, bowing.

"you're cute," chanyeol says, sending me a wink. i blush, giggling when jongin punches the taller in the side.

"no flirting with her, okay?" my boss says. "she's here to work and nothing else."

"we'll see about that," chanyeol mumbles.

"i'm flattered but you're not really my type," i say. (god, that was so hard to write.)

"what is your type?" he asks.

"not you, chanyeol, just let it go," jongin says, rolling his eyes.

"but-"

"chanyeol, just shut up," the other 5 boys shout, effectively shutting the tallest up, an adorable pout on his lips.

"we should let them get back to practice," my boss says. "we don't really need you for anything else today so you're free to go. make sure you get here for 9 tomorrow to help them get ready for their show."

"okay, thank you," i say. i bow to all of them then leave the practice room. as i'm walking out of the building i hear someone call my name so i turn around and see jongin running towards me.

"i know you said chanyeol's not your type but i'm hoping i am because i think you're really pretty and if like to go out with you," he says, almost too fast for me to understand.

"it just so happens that you are," i say. a smile graces his beautifully plump lips and he hands me his phone so i can put my number in.

"i'll text you," he says.

"please do," i reply. he lifts my hand to his lips and kisses it before rushing off back to the practice room. so... maybe moving to korea on my own wasn't such a bad idea after all.

i hope you guys like this! :)